Deer w/ no ears

rutnbuck

Long Time Member
Seen a deer with no ears a fawn! Then 2 days later and 8 miles away seen a doe with no ears!!!! jWTH? Rutnbuck

It's actually very common to see deer with damaged ears. It actually happens when they are fawns and their ears freeze and fall off. It's pretty rare to see an entire ear gone, it's usually a tip or about half an ear.
They sure look funny without!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-12 AT 05:02PM (MST)[p]Makes it hard to judge width... There's an old doe where we hunt in Nebraska with no ears that has screwed up a couple bucks for me....she's smart....

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I have seen many mule deer and a few whitetail over the years that have large portions of there ears missing. Usually attributed to frostbite. I think they look real funny when at least half the ear is gone but the long guard hars inside the ear are still there and sticking straight out the side of their heads.

I never seen no deer with no ears! Back in the day one would see thousands in a day never one without ears.
The fawn had none nota zipo and the doe had ears about 1-2 inches. Thanks guys

I did see a turtle once without ears.

Rutnbuck

If it was a fawn, it's unlikely they froze off.

How come I never find a buck with no ears, or no eyes, or no nose?

Eel

Eel You need to hunt Utah! I once shot a Mallard that looked just like a goose! Except it was bigger then a Mallard!
Rutnbuck

Seen a doe with ear stubs about 1/2" long 2 years ago. Goofiest looking thing I ever seen.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

I can't wait for elkun to Chime in & say a Lion Chewed their ears off!

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom