Deer units 11/12

Whiterock

Very Active Member
We have decided on hunting antelope in antelope unit 8 ,but am undecided about the deer in the same area.Have heard both good and bad reports.
Any commeents on this area for deer ?

I'm not familiar with that far south over on that side of the state, but I mentioned on another thread that I was all over in antelope unit 7 and east of there up to Newcastle and over to Gillette and I wouldn't go back there deer hunting if the G&F gave out free licenses. It may be better down where you are talking about, but it sucked for deer all up through where I was, at least on all the public lands available. There were enough pronghorns to make it interesting and if I had 1 or 2 PPs for antelope and was hunting over on that side of the state it would be in unit 27 for a big one. Maybe there are deer on the private ranches, but the one Game warden didn't give much hope for deer in that whole area I was in. Actually, a guy on another BB that owns a big spread up sw of Newcastle said even the antelope were down considerably in his area from a year or two ago and it wasn't from overhunting. He just said that the population really dropped for some reason and he didn't know why.

Just had a conversation with the gamewarden over these units and he was honest with me in saying that there is very few deer on and public land in eastern Wyoming especially north of Lusk.I guess i will be looking somewhere else for my deer and antelope hunt.

I'm glad he was honest with you and sort of backed up what I mentioned. I hunt danged hard every year out there and the deer just were not there! I'm going back over on the west side where I have always hunted until last year when another guy talked me into hunting Region B. Never again, as I wasted 2 weeks and 300+ dollars in fees!!! At least you got the lowdown beforehand and can keep looking for a place before spending a bunch of money. Good luck!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom