DEER ROAST RECIPE

P

powerwagon1

Im not the best cook, I usually burger most of my deer and cut a few steaks. I butchered my deer a couple days ago and made a couple of rump roast cuts. So my question is. Do you guys have any good recipes or any advice to make a good roast. Thanks in advance.

Venison is dry because it is very lean...

Whenever doing a dry roast it is a good idea to stab it a few times with a sharp knife and push a slice of bacon into the holes you made w/ the knife...You can also push some cloves of garlic into them as well..Season with your favorite seasonings... for this I like garlic salt,season salt and pepper ..all Lawrys brand....(yes it makes a difference) brown all sides on high heat in cast skillet then lay more bacon across top of roast...then place into oven on 350 until done...

DO NOT OVERCOOK... this is easy to do...take it out when it is still very pink...it will continue to cook (high protein) until it cools..

For pot roasts put some hot water into pot and add a couple Lipton onion soup mixes to water and mix well..Add roast that has already been browned on all sides into mixture ad lid..bring to a low boil then place into 350 degree oven until done...again..DONT OVER COOK...

Add some butter and cream cheese mashed tatters and a vegitable and you got a fine meal...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Cut it into small pieces and pressure cook it.
Put the meat in crock pot with green chili sauce, green chilis, onions, green peppers, garlic salt, pepper.
Wrap in a fresh tortilla and enjoy!

Here is your recipe, there is nothing easier: put the roast in a crock pot and pour 2 cans of cream of chicken soup over the top. let it cook for 4-5 hours on low. when the time is close, make some mashed potatoes and get some rolls. your roast will be tender and you'll have the best gravy in town.

As RR said,

There are just two words you need to remember for roasts:

Crock and Pot

[and that ain't no crock!]

I agree with boe1.Throw the roast in the crock pot with any kind of gravy and cut up some spuds,onions,carrots,suash and even some garlic.Cook it in there most of the day on low.These are some of the best roasts I have had. My wife will also throw a roast in the crock pot with some au jus and onion and cook it all day and then throw it on french bread for sandwiches.Tastes excellent.

A slight variation on the crock pot deal, use campbells golden mushroom soup with 1 can of water, cook all day, make gravy from the soup, with mashed potato add some horseradish on thin sliced roast mmmmmm. idiot proof and delicious.

OVEN ROASTING BAG.............

This is THE very best way...according to me.

Add garlic cloves to the roast, throw in some carrots, potatoes, onion and celery. Mix Lipton onion soup into just a bit more water than the bag instructions call for and cook it per bag inst time.

It is the most tender, moist and easiest way.

heres a little variation for ya. just did it last night with some THICK cut (2") elk steaks. dice up a large red onion and add a bunch of minced garlic. i usually use about 3 heaping spoons worth. season meat with salt, pepper, italian seasoning. add enough olive oil the coat the vegetables and the bottom of your cast iron pan. layer the bottom of pan, put in meat and cover with bacon and a small layer of the onions and garlic. cover with foil and bake at 350 for roughly 1 hour. ya buddy:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom