Deer Region D unit 70

C

cbdubya

I'm looking at putting in for Region D deer and hunting unit 70. This was a suggestion from a co-worker who drives through the area every year for an antelope hunt. Does this area have alot of public land or is it largly private? I'm not looking to know any honey holes I just would like a broad overview of what to expect. I don't want to plan a hunt and get up there and find out there is no public land. Any help would be awesome.

That area is mostly private, though there is enough public to hunt on, primarily to the north. I would expect to see a lot of other hunters and few mature bucks.

What about the southern half of region D? I know units 78-81 are limited entry the second half of October, that is if the dates stay consistant with recent years.

Are there any outfitters that hunt public land in region D? I don't mind paying for some scouting help, but I can't stomach paying someone to shoot their own carefully managed pets... just my own quirk. I enjoy the even playing field of hunting on public land.

You won't find "carefully managed pets" there for the most part. You should be plenty challenged should you decide to hunt there. There is a good amount of public land in the southern parts of region D, though you will, as with the rest of region D, have to work hard for a good buck.

Thanks for the info. I still have a couple of weeks to do a little more research and see what else is out there.

I don't mean to discourage you but I do not reccomend region D. It has not recovered fully from the winter kill a few winters ago. Tough to kill a big one but not impossible.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom