deer numbers not good.

B

bucklover

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-11 AT 06:46PM (MST)[p]A friend and I took a ride out into the Knight Ridge area last evening. Boy, it's going to be a tough hunt this year. We did see a few does and fawns down low on private ground, which is off limits. But for those of you that plan to hunt there on the Knight Ridge walk in, things are in bad shape. We drove to one of our usual look out points and spent a good deal of time looking over a huge chunk of the walk in. WE SAW 0, NOTHING, NOT ONE, deer in that area. Other years there are always a few little clusters of critters scattered around. I'm sure some are up higher, hanging out in the quakes, but I feel sorry for the few deer that are left. For those that are going to jump on me for "pre-season scouting in a walk in, don't bother. We look from a spot that is not in the walk in, and is on a county road. I hope a lot of us just decide to eat tag soup this year, to help out the herd. But, I, like you, will go, just to be hunting, and if I see one big enough to make my heart speed up....!!! That's why we do this.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom