Deer kill in NW WY

DonVathome

Very Active Member
How has the deer kill been in NW wyoming? Northwest of Cody to be exact. I have heard the WY range has been hammered and it is not far away so I am worried about my good tag (I nearly for sure should draw) NW of Cody.

Thanks,

DonV OH

The quickest and most accurate way to find out would be to contact the biologist(s)that work out of the Cody Regional Office at 307-527-7125. By now this far into may they should be able to give you a good idea of how the animals handled the conditions in that area. Good luck and I hope you get positive feedback and the tag you are looking for!!!

Great idea I had planned on it - thanks for saving me finding the number, on the flip side I should draw and cannot withdraw my app so I am stuck either way!

Don---FYI You have until the close of business on June 3rd to modify or withdraw your application in case you get bad news about that area when you call the biologists out there!!!

Don, definately give the biologist a call, but being just south of Cody, I don't believe it was any worse than a normal winter. I am out along the foot of the mountain for work and haven't seen much for winter kill. Post what info you get from the biologist, as i would be interested as well. Personally I think it is going to be a good year. 2 cents :)

wyoarcher---I really didn't want to get Don's hopes up, but from what I have learned so far from friends out in the northern part of the state regarding the winter there, I think I would agree with your assessment that it was no worse than normal. I'm looking forward to a good hunt for deer/elk out through the BigHorns again where we hunt.

TOPGUN, I guess I should paint a drab picture then we will have more hunting ground to ourselves! ;) What deer/elk areas to you hunt on the big horns? I hunt there as well, didn't draw elk last year but hunted deer around my elk area, 38. Grew up hunting the northern end of the big horns. good times!

I'm hunting the other side of the mountains in Region M and have been most years since about 1994.

Well, I should be hunting 40 miles SE of Cody this November in a LE unit. Hopefully only the BIG ones survived. ;-)

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom