Deer jalapeño cheddar bacon, summer sausage.

brutus54

I found this recipe for Deer jalapeño cheddar summer sausage. I’ve never made anything like this before, but I thought I’d give it a shot. I decided to bypass the oven method and I smoked it with Cherrywood in my little chief smoker. I pretty much followed the recipe, but I added bacon to it also. It turned out pretty good.😋 I froze some to take on the Hunts this year.

IMG_1401.jpeg

IMG_1404.jpeg

IMG_1413.jpeg

IMG_1415.jpeg

IMG_1414.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

Looks really good. Do you have to pre cook the bacon, or does it get hot enough and long enough to fully cook it without leaving it greasy???

Looks really good. Do you have to pre cook the bacon, or does it get hot enough and long enough to fully cook it without leaving it greasy???
I just used the precooked bacon bits I’m too lazy to cook some and crumble it up. Lol I know the fresh stuff taste better.

It does look good when sliced up. They look like something else when stacked together in that other picture. Weird my mind goes there.
That is funny because my ex had a recipe She found called Surprise Logs. It was Meatloaf with corn added. Then it said roll into logs and bake. When She took them out we all got grossed out. She threw them in the trash and ordered Pizza.
That meal has been recalled so many times and we always laugh about it. I said You sure pinched some good ones.
I'm sure someone did it as a joke.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom