Deer in the Paunts

tracker12

Very Active Member
I have a friend that is looking for his best chance at a 190+ buck. He really wants one that measures 30". Has the Paunts returned to one of the premium areas one would have a better chance as taking a buck like that. He has been applying for the Henry's in the past.

Seen some really nice deer coming off of there lately. It always holds a couple of monsters but definitely seams like it's on a upward trend

I've watched the quality of bucks Pauns'y go up and down
like a yo-yo for almost 30 years now.

A lot of factors,
Some years the late Arizona hunts on 12w hurt the Pauns'y.

And it REALLY differs from year to year on who draws the
permits, and how well they know the unit.
Hunters that do not know the unit well, usually don't do as well.

It took ALOT of years for me to learn this unit,
Heck, I'm still learning.......................

IMO, the more years you spend there,
the better chance you have of scoring a monster buck.
If you don't have that luxury, hire a guide.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Thanks guys for the info. I think he would be willing to hire a guide for the chance at a good buck. He has killed several nice deer but his best scores right a 186 with a 29" spread. He wants to beat that. He knows nothing is a given. I think he is getting antsy no drawing the Henry's as is looking at the Paunsaugant now.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom