Deer Area 78?

G14

I'm looking for information about the terrain and trophy potential. Does it contain areas that you can do extensive glassing? Can you backpack hunt and get away from people, and is it worth the price of an out of state tag? Or, should I be looking elsewhere? It's my understanding this area has been limited quota for the last 3 years. Has this improved the deer herd? Please PM any specific information. Thanks in advance!

I live in the unit and know it very well.

There are a few places to glass, but no backpacking potential. You are never further than a few hundred yards from a road. Poaching is a major issue by the locals around Bear Lake when deer are on winter range.

I think there are better units with better odds.

Grizzly

Had the tag last year. Very disappointed. Live within an hour so I hunted for several days/weeks over the course of the hunt. Had lot of snow last week of the hunt, really thought that would change things. Saw fewer deer with the snow. Should have shot the heavy,tall 3x4 I saw the first day but thought I would have seen better. Know guys who have shot nice bucks on this hunt but did'nt work out for us.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom