December Camping Near Circleville

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Are there any established campgrounds near Circleville (not Birch Creek) that will be open for camping in December? I understand Birch Creek closes later in the year. Thanks so much.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Check and see if Butch Cassidy's hide is open that late in the year. It was -14 there last year around that time. ;-) But you dont have to worry about your meat spoiling .

Is it really going to be that cold? I have a pop up trailer that we hunt out of...nice and light...but not really conducive to that cold of weather. Should I think about hunting out of a motel? I don't prefer that but if it's going to be THAT cold, that will be my only option. Thoughts?

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

JUDAS!

Don't tell me you're Shootin Our LE Breedin Stock?

Oh Well!

I think you know who is ready for a Visit!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

My 13 YO son drew a cow elk tag...it's all he'll be hunting this year. Monroe/Dutton/Plateau....gonna be hunting over his XMas break so he doesn't miss any school. You know the area, BESS?

Yes in that little valley it gets really cold ! I saw it at -21 driving threw there last year. Panguitch has rooms. They also have been having problems in the winter with the elk around the fields in town.

Maybe I should find a cemetary on the outskirts of town and have him fill his tag there. :)

That's pretty chilly, John. Pm me with any other suggestions. I don't want him to shoot an elk out of a field...I'd like to work for it a bit and have the experience of packing it out. Not saying you that's how you'd do it, John...just saying. I understand you just mean that the elk will be around.

I know it a little Wisz but just on Earlier/Bull Hunts!

Not sure what it's like later in the Year/December?

Not telling you how to Hunt Wisz!

Just a few Suggestions!

More than Likely You'll be seeing 'Herds' of Elk!

Rare to just see one/or a couple!

You Guys need to Pick an animal/Cow Out & try & stay on the Same one you shoot at first!

We all Hope for One Shot/Clean Kills but Elk are Tough & sometimes take the Hit like a Man!

Seen it happen many times where the Hunter didn't think they connected with the first Shot,lost track of the Animal,shot a few more times & then have multiple animals layin dead/wounded on the ground!

Just sayin,,,,,,,,,,,be careful,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Our Wardens might Frown on KALI Hunters takin more than one Elk back to KALI!:D

Best of Luck Wisz!

There's a Guy & His Son that live down that way,I think the Dad is a Sherriff & The Son just Loves Outa town/Outa State Hunters!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Hey Robb- Got you pm! I have already been on booking.com and figure we may be staying at the Blue Pine Inn...from what it looks like, it'll suit us fine. :) We wanted to stay south of the 70 so we could only have 1 day travel time each way. I appreciate the help though. I hope all is well with you guys.

BESS- He's the only one with the tag so I'll be on the glass making sure we're legal and he hits the animal he's aiming at. He's a good shot so I don't think he'll be missing an elk. I don't plan on any run-in's with fish cops. I'll just grab those backstraps and leave the rest for the magpies. :)

Kidding of course...

Nice Ethics Wisz!

I'm not tellin ya How,Just sayin!

When they decided to Slaughter the Cow Elk on the South Slope years ago it wasn't Perty!

Never seen so many Flock Shooters!

And Remember Wisz!

We've got Wild Horses!

You wouldn't be the 1st KALI Hunter to Strap one on the Front Bumper if you get Desperate!:D

(((RAZZIN Ya!)))

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-14 AT 06:01PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-14 AT 04:26?PM (MST)

Hey Steve,

When are your hunt dates??

And if ya can---toss me an Email of where you 2 are staying, maybe can share the room next to you and your son....help ya out type deal buddy----

[email protected]....

Robb

Wiz,

There isn't a motel in South Central Utah that will be full that time of year. You'll be able to get a room in any community on or near the unit, any day you call for a room, without a doubt.

Second, BigJ is right, it was in the mid minus twenties here abouts on December 4th, 2013. However, it could just as easily be +15 degree (night) that time of year. Each year is different, but as often as not it can be as cold at night as a town in northern Montana.

Not that my advise is any better than anyone else's, but if it were me, I would hold off booking a room at any location until your get here, then, based on the weather and the location you decide to set up, get the room then.

The valley floors around here are between 5,300 and 6,500 feet above sea level, mountain are upwards of 11,000 feet, because of the elevation of the valley floor, can cause it to be pretty chilly, that time of year, let alone the temps on the mountain.

Also, some years we have snow by the middle of October (on the mountain), by Dec. it can be a foot or two deep, then again, some years you can drive clear to the top and cut a Christmas tree, a week before Christmas.

You should plan for winter weather and hope for a warm, late, long fall.

For sure the elk will be gather up into large herds in Dec. and most likely be concentrated where the pines end and the sage/oak starts. Let us know if you find yourself frustrated finding the herds. No need to go home without a locker full of elk meat.

DC

Wiz, for a old prune picker like yourself ? I don't know if anyone will give up a honey hole. But for a youth hunter,I may drag up a snow machine for ya if it gets deep this year ;-)
The hunt goes from Nov 17 threw Jan 31 2015. It's usually a fun hunt and if you are on the Dutton. You boy may see some nice bulls. Always a good time ! Just remember to leave the black and whites ones alone. :)

You guys got zebras up there, JOhn?

Otter creek Reservoir east of Kingston is a good spot for late season cows. North end of the res. it has a camp ground on southern end too.
Piute Reservoir is another good spot.
My buddy kids has taken several cows from that area.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Otter creek Reservoir east of Kingston
>is a good spot for
>late season cows. North end
>of the res. it has
>a camp ground on southern
>end too.
>Piute Reservoir is another good spot.
>
>My buddy kids has taken several
>cows from that area.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

We've camped a few times on the road up to Birch late in the year. The campground itself closes but there are some nice BLM non-established spots on the road that are nice. We've also camped out south of Circleville, near the start of the Fremont ATV trail.

Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it. Gonna buy a map for the areas around Circleville and go from there.

I Won't be able to Hunt that Week Wisz!

Gonna be in KALI!:D

I heard, BESS. You'll be in San Fran at the Gay and Lesbian parade? I knew you had put in for being the Grand Marshall but I didn't know you got the gig!

>I heard, BESS. You'll be in
>San Fran at the Gay
>and Lesbian parade? I knew
>you had put in for
>being the Grand Marshall but
>I didn't know you got
>the gig!
>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

That's not Quite it Wisz!:D

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom