Deboning a deer FAST!

That ole boy don't hold a candle to me & My Brother!

We were making that Guy look slow until I slipped with the knife towards my Brother & yanked the knife back towards me burying it several inches deep and in to the Bone just above my knee!

We had decided 2 Guys skinning & hacking was twice as fast & the sooner we got it cut up the sooner we could go back to Huntin!

Ya,coulda been a Youtube clip for sure!

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!

I can do that!!

If I had THAT knife........

I really can do that; it just takes 10 times as long (and isn't quite so slick).

Wow!!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

This is my 33rd year as a butcher.
Wish I could see the herd of animals I've cut in that time.
I'll have to time myself this fall.

Grins
:)

definitely impressive. i made myself one of those hooks last year and they for sure help. but like mentioned above, its amazing how easy he makes it look!

"Shoot Straight"

Could we call that filleting a deer?

Serious question, would you go to jail if you left that much meat on the ribs in the field, in Alaska?

DC

Well Lumpy!

A Guy does need to give the Bears at least a taste!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!

That guy is good...HH, have your son video tape you with your next deer. I would like to see that. 33 years as a butcher? I have 34 years at Boeing. Congrats.

He's a good butcher, You can get those meat hooks at any butcher knife supply house. You should see the guys who work everyday on a meatcutting line in a plant they get pretty fast.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I really enjoyed watching that, think i learned a few tricks as well. Though not near as fast, i do the rear quarters very similar as he does. Up in the front shoulders though, especially around the shoulder blade, my speed really slows down with a lot of time, just saying screw it, making a roast leaving the blade in. :)

Joey

I am not even close to being in that same class. But, it was nice to see that I do a few things right when I am buthering an animal. It was also cool to see some new tricks.

Funny thing, I started carrying a sturdy fillet knife with me years ago for skinning and butchering animals in the field. I have a couple really nice knives that just sit at home since I started using fillet knives...

He's more than good alright! I've never seen a person hold a knife like some of the ways he did and cut in so many different directions so fast!!! The hook definitely make s difference, but some of those angles he was using looked like they could be dangerous with one slip of that obviously extra sharp knife. I guess that's why he earns a living doing it because if he did it at the speed most of us do, he would probably go broke!!!

In order for me to do it as fast as this guy I would have to take the 12 pack of the table when I'm cutting up my animals.
But what fun would it be then

I like it. May not be so fast on the dirt ! I need to pack a hook . Do the make a hook you can pack in the field ?

That was truely impressive, I used to cut albacore for a living, but that guys got some talent. I as well learned a few tricks. But I probably couldnt get myself to hold a knife that way. Did you guys see him in that other clip skinning a doe? Did it in 2 minutes flat! I still dont understand why some guys use a rusty air compressor when a sharp knife and some arm strenght can do it faster and cleaner. But probably not as fast as this guy!

Skillllzzzz! I was cringing the whole time waiting for the meat wagon to show up for him. That boy can flat out carve.

No question.....serious experience right there, but what I want to know is why so many of you are impressed with a sharp knife. It don't appear all THAT sharp to me.

What do YOU use, and can't you sharpen one?

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

I'd like to see him do the finish job on the meat. I do a lot of trimming I hate fat and grissel in my meat.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-11 AT 08:04PM (MST)[p] "I hate fat and grissel in my meat."

I don't like it either...

:)

IMG_4339.jpg

59227171.jpg

Your gonna need more Crown!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

My hat is off to that guy. I take a couple hours to do that in the field to an elk and am well a (butcher) compared to him

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom