Death Valley Days

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
I tried hard to make this simply but many things OLD + Controlled by access makes it hard. I watch Dead Valley Days and wondered who "THE OLD RANGER WAS"..? Below (Maybe) appears what I could find.

It is very likely no MM'y member is old enough to remember being a kid awaiting to hear the Radio Show. However, many of us who refer to ourselves as Old, were kids watching the TV whilst the true older folks were near. Much is long gone.

How many of you enjoyed the TV show...?

The Old Ranger.jpg

Here is what I found:

YOUTUBE ='s
Death Valley Days - Sego Lillies, Season 1, Episode 16 Original Airdate: Apr 28, 1953. A young Mormon couple comes to Salt Lake City from Boston and they must learn to adapt to their new home in the West. Music in this episode is performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Watch western tv shows free online at http://www.westernmania.com

TV GUIDE:
https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/death-valley-days/episodes-season-2/200859/
Death Valley Days

Death Valley Days was a radio Western in the United States. It was broadcast on the Blue Network/ABC, CBS, and NBC from September 30, 1930, to September 14, 1951. It "was one of radio's earliest and longest lasting programs." Beginning August 10, 1944, the program was called Death Valley Sheriff, and on June 29, 1945, it became simply The Sheriff. As an anthology series, Death Valley Days had no continuing cast of characters other than The Old Ranger, who introduced and narrated each episode. Over the years, The Old Ranger was played by Jack MacBryde [photo], Tim Daniel Frawley, George Rand, and Harry Humphreys. In the later versions (Death Valley Sheriff and The Sheriff) Sheriff Mark Chase was portrayed by Robert Haag, Donald Briggs, and Bob Warren. Announcers were George Hicks, Dresser Dahlstead, and John Reed King.

Radio Years. Maybe 1925+
https://martingrams.blogspot.com/2014/09/death-valley-days-first-year.html

Hugs
Jagerdad :)
The Old Ranger.jpg

I enjoy Death Valley days now. It’s on Grit Tv. I am not old enough to remember it when it was on. I don’t think I was even born yet. A lot of fun history. One of my favorites is the show about Silver Reef and how they found the silver there.

BIGJOHNT... I chose to click on "Record Series" and there are so many great "Death Valley Days" shows stacking up. I highly enjoy simple things and watching Death Valley Days is enjoyable. I view actors who later became many other things and still, there is always THE OLD RANGER...Sometimes, Played by Ronald Reagan and many others.
So BIGJOHNT, are you say'n you're not a Baby Boomer...? What group might you be from...?
I sure won't ask you if you remember watching:
Broderick Crawford and a '55 Buick
In: Highway Patrol:

Do not allow Triple A (AAA) with a Gun 1911 see this Post. I will disclaim everything.
Jagerdad :)

I've never seen the show...but I've been all over death valley...

Manson's hideout was a cool place to see before it burned down....still a couple of cool inholding cabins to stay in....

No I don't remember those other shows. I was born at the end of the baby boomers June of 1963. So more a generation X end of the baby boomers. My high school class was the last of the big classes.

I've never seen the show...but I've been all over death valley...

Manson's hideout was a cool place to see before it burned down....still a couple of cool inholding cabins to stay in....
Homer, you’re a better man than me, Gunga Din if you’ve never watched tv. Death Valley days has been on tv for 50 years.

They had some really interesting historical stories...watched one the other day with early Clint Eastwood getting his ass kicked for the first time by a new preacher in Virginia City, NV back in the day...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom