Dear Grandpa

travishunter3006

Very Active Member
Dear Grandpa,
I know you'll never actually read this in heaven, but i hope you do. Its good to write to you, but i'm worried about some things. Remember the times we spent together cleaning our guns and getting ready for he hunt? Sometimes i still smell that Rem oil on my hands. I remember when you usedto tell me how hunting ws "back in the day". How monster bucks were everywhere, how it didnt matter what you shot or how big it was. Back then your tags were good for either a buck or a doe. Do you remember that? Its a little different these days. Sure there are some good deer running around and we still hunt like we should. What scares me is where hunting has gone. Remember how hunting was all about takingthe family up camping? You would load up the camper on that old diesel Ford, hook up the bumperpull trailer the pull the jeep trailer behind it as well??? People thought you were crazy. i still dont know how you ever made some of those witch backson that muddy rutted out road.

Hunting has changed a lot like I mentioned. Now people pay 250K to shoot an elk. They pay thousands to shoot big deer. People grandpa even poach animals to sell for money. Did people do that back when you were my age? Its almost like the people have been exploiting the animals, well for yo to understand Grandpa, the people are just boogering things up down here.

Dont be too worried though because there are stil alot of us that have bonded together like a brotherhood. We share stories just like you and me used to. We show eachother pictures and talk about our guns. There are still a few Grandpa tat still stand up for what's right. we wont let you dwn. you tell everyone's Grandpa up there and any grandpa's that arrive here soon that they dont need to worry, we will amke you proud, we will preserve what some are trying to take away what many will seek to destroy. Grandpa, its not like it used to be, but we are changing things quickly.

Well, i dont want to bug you too much, but if you get a chance, throw a blessing my way and the way of every good hearted man and woman so we might be able to continue where you left off...

Love you....

Love

Travis Hunter 3006

Did you text that to Grandpa?

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

Travis, I don't MIND if you wrote to my Grandpa, but you could have at least told him that I said hey!

That letter was really written to my dad. He's there, too.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Very Nice Travis!! Like you, i spent a lot of time with my Grandparents in the outdoors and miss them Dearly.

I enjoyed your letter!!

Just remember, just because you were brought up to do things a certain way... Doesn't mean that that's the only right way.

Joey

My story would read....

Grandpa do you remember when we tried to cut down the tree and it fell the wrong way and smashed the out house all to hell? Yep that was the good old days. Now days people ##### in the woods and leave there t.p. strung all over. Grandpa, you would ##### your pants if you saw it now. Dont worry G-pa, Ill clean up there #####.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom