RJ

Brownlee Reservior

pt2uol.jpg

gK2QIl.jpg

dWe6bl.jpg

GRK9Fl.jpg

tJazzl.jpg

ZwbxXl.jpg

I don't think he suffered too much. He is a big boy and I don't see signs of struggle. If he was going at it I think he could have tore some fence up.

I don't think he suffered too much. He is a big boy and I don't see signs of struggle. If he was going at it I think he could have tore some fence up.

SOOO he just hung his horn up on the fence and dropped dead? No Suffocation? NO Agony? NO broke neck?

Breaking his neck, which might have happened, would have been quick. And if he did suffocate, it is better that hanging there for 3 days. Sad none the less.

>That's too bad.
>
>
>I can see what was weighing
>him down though.

That was my first thought also bw.. Surprised he could jump that high with a package that large..

>>That's too bad.
>>
>>
>>I can see what was weighing
>>him down though.
>
>
>That was my first thought also
>bw.. Surprised he could jump
>that high with a package
>that large..

Maybe there was a hot young ewe on the other side of the fence.

Do you think its possible he could have been put there by someone for whatever reason? That is one cookoo ram if he thought he could clear not only the fence, but the barbed wire too. I guess maybe he could have been spooked into jumping or something. Maybe he was suicidal??

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-09 AT 12:40PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-09 AT 12:38?PM (MST)

The way that he is hanging on that fence looks like he almost would have had to jump between the chainlink fence and the top rail - which is a very small gap for a large animal to jump through. Look at it and try to imagine the ram getting hooked like that by just jumping over the outside of the fence. It's possible I guess.

....some of you guys have never spent any time around live animals huh?.....they can accomplish all kinds of wierd stuff around man made objects...impossible stuff actually...and very dangerous stuff...they are houdini's

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Even if he had been a houdini, and been able to jump that fence and avoid getting his horns caught, I think he would have gotten something else snagged on the barbed wire.

Considering both options, I think he ended up better off.

Still a shame though.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-09 AT 02:49PM (MST)[p]Being as close to the building as he is I would say he got spooked and tried to jump through the fence sideways, under the top rail and the wire and got caught, maybe wasn't trying to jump the fence as he was parallel to it, jumped or rared up and caught his horn. As JB said - animals don't do rational things. I don't think he broke his neck either, looks like he was hanging at the edge of his feet and couldn't get enough traction either to pull on the bar or jump against it. The best he could do was thrash back and forth. Doesn't look like he suffocated too much either. Probably died a long slow death from shock and trauma. The best that we can hope for is that he did break his neck from the trashing.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

>i'm still on the fence as
>to how he might have
>died

Feleno, no point in getting hung up on trying to figure it out.

Eel
Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

Very odd...huge sack too. It's odd the ground and rocks below him don't appear to be disturbed. You'd think if he were stuck there for quite awhile he'd be thrashing around and his rear legs would be kicking the ground spreading the rocks all over the place. Instead the rocks below him appear undisturbed.

D13er, I don't think I've seen the pic of the one on the powerline, what's the story there?

LBR

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom