Dead GoatII

C

ClorideRUS

Well these aren't record book bucks but we have had a whole bunch of fun scouting and goofing around with these speed goats. The one I posted earlier that HornhogII killed and the one I dumped this morning are the best we have seen on this unit.

At the end of deer season last year, I was walking down a ridge. I walked under a juniper and a branch wiped the gun off my shoulder. Naturally, it fell on a rock right on the scope. I had a shot at this lope on Sunday at 250 yards and shot way high. I have put this scope on paper several times and have zero confidence in its consistency. Yesterday I went down to Hurst's and had them mount a Vortex Viper. My little beagle and I went out last evening and got the Vortex sighted in.

Anyway, I got up before the chickens this morning and grabbed a sack of doughnuts and a large coffee at Maverick and headed out. I reached the unit at daybreak (it's only about 20 min.). Driving down the road, I see this decent buck feeding. I mean seriously 20? off the road. He wouldn't even look up. I'm thinking is this some kinda omen or what?

I get to the gate that heads down to the base of the butte where we have been seeing the better goats. I'm glassing the base of the butte when I notice a bunch of goats playing ?chase me? at a water tank right in front of me! I throw up the Swaro?s. I'll be damned. Its ?tall boy? and his girlfriends.

BOOM! Says Ruger 7mm Mag.

DEAD GOATII

Hope you enjoyed the buIIsHIt story.

Seriously, thanks Chris and Nic. I had a blast.

RUS

48d30f9705101c34.jpg

48d30fc206792f02.jpg

NICE JOB RUS!!!

BUT NOW YOU GOTTA GO BACK TO WORK!!!

DANG THE LUCK!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Good deal Rus! That is a good looking goat! Congrats on a great hunt.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I think I'm seeing a little photoshop going on under the chin on the last photo.

Congrats Russ, that's a fine looking prongboy.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-08 AT 07:00PM (MST)[p]dleonard .... I was too lazy to poke his tongue back in his mouth. LOL

Being a Southern Utah boy, you ought to recognize the feature in the back ground of the last photo. Any guesses????????

RUS

Sorry Rus, I don't get out much. It just looks like another hill to me. I think your secret spot is still safe.

>
>Being a Southern Utah boy, you
>ought to recognize the feature
>in the back ground of
>the last photo. Any guesses????????
>
>
>RUS

Would that be Antelope Island?

Nice speed goat by the way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back