Daylight savings

justr_86

Long Time Member
I HATE IT!!!

Takes forever to adjust to it! I wish they would just leave it alone!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Yep. Nothing pisses me off more then getting off work and it's already pitch black outside!

I don't think they set it up to piss you off. I think daylight savings was intentioned for kids going to school so they don't get on and or off the bus in the dark. I hope this helps. I don't like it either.
Mike

I thought day light savings was first established for farmers was it not?

-KILLSHOT Productions Guides & Outfitters-

History of Daylight Saving Time
Daylight Saving Time was instituted in the United States during World War I in order to save energy for war production by taking advantage of the later hours of daylight between April and October. During World War II the federal government again required the states to observe the time change. Between the wars and after World War II, states and communities chose whether or not to observe Daylight Saving Time. In 1966, Congress passed the Uniform Time Act, which standardized the length of Daylight Saving Time.

Daylight Saving Time is four weeks longer since 2007 due to the passage of the Energy Policy Act in 2005. The Act extended Daylight Saving Time by four weeks from the second Sunday of March to the first Sunday of November, with the hope that it would save 10,000 barrels of oil each day through reduced use of power by businesses during daylight hours. Unfortunately, it is exceedingly difficult to determine energy savings from Daylight Saving Time and based on a variety of factors, it is possible that little or no energy is saved by Daylight Saving Time.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

>History of Daylight Saving Time
>Daylight Saving Time was instituted in
>the United States during World
>War I in order to
>save energy for war production
>by taking advantage of the
>later hours of daylight between
>April and October.

Tell us another "when I was a kid" story kilo!!!!

I hate when it gets dark at 5:30 at night and I have to go to school during the daylight. I had to skip stats to go bowhunting today so I would have enough light to get up the mountain.

Dillon

I know arizona doesn't do it, I wish utah wouldn't either. I would much rather go to work in the dark (I still do) and get home with a little light so I don't have to pack a light around to do chores. Or play with my kids before it gets dark.
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Silly me! I'm ALWAYS an hour late for work OR a hour early. The only thing I hate is that extra hour of sunlight makes my lawn burn.

Slick

My grandpa always said that daylight savings time was kind of like the old man and his blanket.The old mans feet would get cold,so he cut a foot off the top of the blanket and stiched it onto the bottom of the blanket to keep his feet warm.(ROD)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom