David Munis Truck found

N

NMHUNTNUTT1

By MEAD GRUVER | Associated Press
July 16, 2007

CHEYENNE, Wyo.? Police found the black, four-door pickup truck belonging to a man suspected of killing his wife as she sang at an Old Chicago restaurant last weekend.

Lt. Jeff Schulz said Tuesday that a tip led to the pickup around 10 p.m. Monday at Rogers Canyon, a remote area northeast of Laramie. There was no sign, however, of David Munis, 36, the only suspect in the shooting of Robin Munis, 40, after midnight on Saturday.

?They secured the vehicle. They did not conduct a search of the area because it was dark; they are not going to go into the woods looking for this guy at night,? he said.

Schulz said the Albany County Sheriff?s Department was beginning a ground search into the Laramie Range in southeast Wyoming. He said police also would be searching from the air using a Black Hawk helicopter from the Wyoming Army National Guard.

He said Albany County Sheriff Jim Pond was now heading the search.

?We?ve got our dogs up there. I'm sure he's got dogs,? Schulz said.

Authorities had not yet searched the pickup, he said, but were getting a warrant.

Police believe the bullet that shattered a glass door and killed Robin Munis came from a nearby parking lot. They said that David Munis, a Wyoming Army National Guard employee, could be difficult to track because he received sniper training while in the Army.

Police were assuming Munis was armed. Schulz said deputies saw an empty handgun case in the pickup truck last night. He also said a search of Munis? home on Cheyenne?s west side revealed that two canteens were missing.

Albany County Sheriff?s Lt. John Fanning said deputies were being extra cautious as they headed after Munis, given his sniper training.

He said 15 to 20 deputies and Sheriff Jim Pond were at the scene.

?Some areas it's kind of steep. Other areas it's rocky. It's wooded in some places and bare in other places,? he said.

After searching Munis? home, they assumed he had at least one high-powered rifle with him. Schulz has said the search also turned up evidence connecting Munis to his wife?s death, though he did not elaborate.

Munis has been a member of the Wyoming Army National Guard since 2003. He previously was in the U.S. Army and was a 2001 graduate of the Army Sniper School at Ft. Benning, Ga., according to the National Guard.

John Plaster, a sniper instructor for military and law enforcement agencies around the country and author of ?The Ultimate Sniper,? said graduates of the nation?s military sniper schools are trained in evading capture.

?Clearly, they're going to have to use extreme caution, between his outdoors experience, and what he knows about camouflage, and concealment, and avoiding detection,? Plaster said. But he said he would be surprised if the hunt ended in a shoot out.

?A guy like that, his enemy, in his mind, was his wife,? Plaster said. ?I don't think a guy like that would want to go out of his way to shoot at police. But if you corner him, you've got a very dangerous individual.?

Bring in RAMBO, he can get it done.

Seriously, this guy can and should be taken out soon and no one else hurt or killed by this nut case.

Brian

So who is this guy? His pic with a whitetail courtesy of MM was just posted on Fox News! He's one of us?

You guys beat me to it, i was watching the news last night about this guy and then i see a big ole whitetail with monstermuleys on the pic. So what is this guys name on monstermuleys?? any info?? i sure hope they find him soon.

Go to the mule deer forum under " Have you guys seen this" thread. There are some pictures of him and his wife there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom