Daughters Lettermans Jacket

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My daughter earned her lettermans jacket last year, her freshman year, playing varsity softball. She's always been a straight A student. What makes this unique is that she had her second open heart surgery where they replaced her aortic valve with a pig valve in August. A few of the teachers she had prior to her surgery kicked in money to buy Stevie her lettermans jacket. This brought tears to mine and my wifes eyes that her teachers would do such a kind thing. The saying on the bottom of her jacket was a quote that was synonomous with my wifes late brother who coached soccer prior to an early death..."Play Hard, Play Fair". Stevie wanted that on her jacket as a tribute to her Uncle. It is the little things in life that have a big impact on others. Just remember that your problems may be minisucle to what others have to endure on a daily basis. Our trivial problems really are small compared to what others go through...maybe give your wife or kids an unexpected kiss or hug. They may really appreciate it. Let them know that life is a one day at time kind of thing. Thank God for everyday they have that they are healthy because nobody knows what is around the corner. Don't take life for granted....

1242561112_4223858686374_1754474109_n.jpg

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

Hey Wisz!

I say She's still too Cute to be yours,LMAO!:D
Take another Drink Wisz,I'm just RAZZIN Ya!
Hope She's OK for ever after!
You bringing Her & Ms Wisz with you to Vernon?

Red- Yes, that is our real last name. It's Polish....probably shortened along the way but I'm happy with it. It's got me this far. I was gonna name my first son "Taka" but the wife said no. :) I heard 'em all. And, 45 did not go out looking for me! You're just trying to make me feel bad for bailing a day early. ;)

BESS- I'll be hunting solo this trip. I thought about bringing my 11 year old boy but with the possibility of being gone for 12 days, probably shouldn't pull him out of school for that lang. He may not be able to handle the sitting and glassing that I probably will be doing either. His attention span is that of...an 11 year old. LOL

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

Very touching... best wishes to you, your daughter, and family and lots of hunting success making memories with the ones you love!

That is pretty cool indeed! Congrats to your daughter - she sounds tough as nails!

Good luck on the Vernon!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

"45 spent two days looking for you on the Vernon."

Was that because of the APB?:)

Very nice Whiz.:)

Good luck on your hunt.

Eel

STEVE,,,,,,CONGRATS TO YOUR DAUGHTER AND YOU !!! I KNOW YOUR A PROUD PAPA......YOU SHOULD BE !!!! GOOD LUCK ON THE VERNON........(NOT ONE DAY DO I TAKE FOR GRANTED)..........YD.

Wiz give her a big pat on the back from all of us. She has earned it big time. Everytime I get T.O.ed at the Me-Me kids in today's generation, someone like her comes along and helps to restore my faith in our younger generation.

RELH

That is one tough young lady!!Her accomplishments are a direct result of upbringing and parenting. The fact that her teachers did what they did shows her character and respect earned through hard work and determination. This kind of story is great to see and read about. Thanks for sharing Wizz.

Very cool Wisz... And spot on about the "little things"..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Well said Wisz. The simplest things in life are perhaps to most pleasurable and memorable.
Wishing your daughter well and continued success.

Eldorado

>Red- Yes, that is our real
>last name. It's Polish....probably shortened
>along the way but I'm
>happy with it. It's got
>me this far. I was
>gonna name my first son
>"Taka" but the wife said
>no. :) I heard 'em
>all. And, 45 did not
>go out looking for me!
>You're just trying to make
>me feel bad for bailing
>a day early. ;)
>
>BESS- I'll be hunting solo this
>trip. I thought about bringing
>my 11 year old boy
>but with the possibility of
>being gone for 12 days,
>probably shouldn't pull him out
>of school for that lang.
>He may not be able
>to handle the sitting and
>glassing that I probably will
>be doing either. His attention
>span is that of...an 11
>year old. LOL
>
>Steve
>Holder of a 2012 LE Utah
>Deer Tag!!
>

She probably would of let you name him Cheese.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom