Daughters Grandslam...

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I'm gonna brag a bit. My 14 year old plays for a travel ball team. They are a pretty good team for only having a draw from a smaller area. We went to a Premiere Girls Fastpitch tournament up in Salinas this past weekend and ended up losing in the Champ game in International Tiebreaker 18-17. The great thing about the weekend was in the semi-final game against the San Jose Sting, a very well known and highly talented team. We're up 1-0 in the 3rd with my daughter up. Bases loaded, 2 outs. She hits a shot to left center out of the park. Her first ever homerun...at 14! The stands erupted. We ended up run ruling that team 13-3. There are times in life when our kids astonish us...this was one of those times. I'm still smiling.

M'Balz Es Hari

Nice Wisz!

But Damn Man!

Give Ms Wisz some Credit too will you?:D

Hoping You Pull another Tag this Fall Wisz!

I need another Trip to Kali!:D:D:D!

Nice Job To Ms Wisz Jr!

It Ain't all Dad's Fault!

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

LAST EDITED ON May-06-13 AT 07:07PM (MST)[p]Great job! Congrats to your daughter Wisz

Don't drink and call your Girlfriend at night!!!!!!

Stevo....my wife used to play with the SJ Sting years ago and coached there for a season right after college. Your girl did well.....they are a good org. Was All American from Tracy,Ca there?

LAST EDITED ON May-06-13 AT 11:49PM (MST)[p]Hardway- All American was there but they didn't do so hot. SJ Sting is a good organization and always has tons of talent. There's a couple of girls who play on my older daughters high school team that play for the 16's up there. That's too far of a drive to do twice a week to practice. Plus, they often travel out of the state for tournaments and we've got 2 other kids at home to contend with. It's just not feasible. It's gonna be a sad day when my girls are grown and aren't playing anymore. I never thought I could love a girls sport so much.

The team we lost to in the Champ game is KG Hitters. We did some research and it turns out the coach is Kiko Garcia...played 15 years for the Orioles and has coached 2 other teams to National Championships. The guy knows what he's doing. Sad thing is that we had them 8-0 going into the 3rd inning. Ended up being 11-11 after the 7th. Went to the tie-breaker and we scored 1 run. They then scored 1 run. The next inning we put 5 on em and thought we had it for sure. They then put 6 on us and that was it...18-17. It wasn't much of a pitchers duel and our catchers arm was not in good shape. They stole on her like crazy and we don't have a back up catcher. That's the problem with having a small pool of girls to chose from and we only carry 12 players.

Here's the way Sundays bracket ended up...My daughter plays for the Renegades.
http://www.salinasstorm.org/assets/tournament_documents/assets/1539/14U Game Schedule.pdf?1367802328

M'Balz Es Hari

Congrats, It's awesome watching your kids do great things..

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom