Daren's Audad

Cookie2

Very Active Member
I think I almost killed him but Daren got it Done! Congrats to you on a great hunt. I look forward to hunting with you again.

45cfb832556f8970.jpg

Thanks couesbitten, the hunt was just awesome, found this guy with a couple of other one's early Friday from a few thousand yards away, basically got real lucky and were able to cut them off as they were headed down a small canyon, got within 150 yards or so and nailed him. The packing out was a lot harder than the actual kill, but it wasn't too bad and the experience was great as I had my best hunting buddies with me. We hit it hard again all day Sat. and found some huge rams but my partner's just weren't able to seal the deal. Either way we had an awesome hunt and all the Kudos to cookie2 for all his help, without him I don't know if it would have been possible. Thanks again Curtis and I can't wait till next time. Send me the pic's of that huge one when you get him.. I have faith in you buddy.....

Congratulations!Nice Ram. Was it a DIY hunt or did you go on a ranch? Texas or New Mex?

Public land in NM. A friend of mine that knew the area pretty good took us out and showed us the ropes. Awesome hunt but very tough on the feet, you have to cover many, many miles....

Thats great. A friend and I have talked about doing it for a couple of years now. It is such a long way for us to go that we havent commited yet. I'm pushing real hard for a 08 hunt.
Did you have to backpack in or day hunt out of the truck?

It is a really fun hunt, but it requires a lot of hiking and glassing. We hunted out of the truck, I don't really think you can backpack hunt, due to the fact that there is no water, at least not where we hunted.

I'd love to here more about about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom