DAMNIT!

H

huntsonora

Well, I injured myself last night, broke my left foot. I will let you guys guess what happened and I will pick the best story and run with that one.

I have a hunt that starts on Dec 1. Think I'll make it? I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning at 7 a.m.

Here are pics of the X-rays

m_772f62fe37a0d2303ce2dbf51de179ff.jpg

m_8ad73fa1a1003c2fd6605b0f312e5251.jpg

Drum

dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

That sucks....got to show us the hardware once you get it put in!!! those are the cool pics!!

>That sucks....got to show us the
>hardware once you get it
>put in!!! those are the
>cool pics!!

I will definately post the "after" pics

Drum

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-07 AT 11:18PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-07 AT 11:04?PM (MST)

this will make your hunt, a little easier..

473bdcc77c34ba14.jpg

eat a chili dog tonight before you go to sleep , give the orthopod a nice gift after you're out!!!

That is not a clean break, you either side kicked something, or dropped a very heavy object on that left side of the foot.
I know what the doctor will say about your hunting trip in Dec. "No way Jose" it will depend if you listen to him or not.
Good luck, you are going to need it.

RELH

Maybe me should start a "Sick Page Forum" here for those who have injured themselves this season.
Heard that Predator had her leg in a cast and I twisted my right side in the rib area of the first day of my hunt.

Sorry to hear about your mishap hope the surgery comes out OK.

Brian

"Hurts, don't it?".......I'll volunteer to fill your tag for ya', and you can keep the meat, how will that be?

Seriously, I am really sorry for ya! This kind of stuff never happens in February or March.

I broke my ankle on the first day of a late season hunt last year and didn't go to the Dr for 2 weeks....but my fracture wasn't near as ugly as yours!

I THINK YOU'VE BEEN IN THE RING WITH SOMEBODY???

MAYBE FOUND OUT THE OLE HUNTIN FOOT AIN'T AS TOUGH AS YOU WANTED IT TO BE???

I BLOWED MY RIGHT KNEE OUT LAST YEAR JUST BEFORE SEASON!!!

NEVER LISTEN TO A DR WHEN A TAG IS IN HAND!!!

THESE PARTS CAN HEAL LATER,LOL!!!

YOU'LL STILL BE ABLE TO GO HUNTIN!!!

MAYBE NOT MOVE AS QUICK AS YOU WANT BUT YOU'LL DO FINE!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH BOTH THE HUNTIN & QUICK FOOT RECOVERY!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

ONE MORE THING Drum???

Preddy SAID JFP WHEN SHE GOT HURT!!!

DID YOU SAY JFP???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Wow,
Looks like you stepped in to help out the banged up offensive line of the colts against the Patriots. Then while trying to keep Manning from getting sacked, big Vince Wilfork stepped on your foot.

That's definately a bummer, good luck with the hunting. Looks like even more glassing and less walking.

Jody

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-07 AT 07:36AM (MST)[p]

Saprring with Hendo? Or maybe you just tripped over the dog? LOL. Hope you mend quickly

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

> Got yer ass kicked by
>Mossback hit men?

NUNYA! I always knew it was true! I KNEW IT! Guess I'll have to watch out for those unsuspecting knocks on my door! Though this year I've minded my P's and Q's!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

That break was obviously from kicking a dead horse... now all we have to determine is which dead horse it was... ATVs, Mossback, Ethics, inline Muzzleloaders etc ;)

-DallanC

Here is what happened. Drummond dropped Dan and I off to hike out to a rim to glass while he drove around and under the rim to glass some big flats that ran away from some dirt tanks. The rim that we were hiking out to took about 1 1/2 hours to get to while the drive time the first gate took about 30 mins. When we got the rim we started glassing the flats and the wind mill tanks below us after about an hour I asked Dan "where's Drum" because I could see where his truck should have been parked but wasn?t. By now Drum has been gone from us for about 2 1/2 hours. Unrenowned to us 30 minutes after Drum had dropped us off he pulled up to the first gate and when he stepped out to open it the truck rolled backwards, in a desperate attempt to save his new truck he stuck the only thing he had handy under the wheel to stop it; His size 14. Well that stopped the truck but now he was stuck. Fast-forward 2 hours- After Dan had asked where Drum was I started glassing the road back to where he would have come in from and there by the first gate sat a new Toyota truck, driver side door open head lights on and something moving around by the driver side front. From the distance I was at and the angle of the truck (mostly the passenger side) I couldn't really tell what was happening so I got out the big glass and focused in on what I thought was Drum taking a HUD by the front of the truck. After about fifteen minutes I glassed back over and he was still there, and I was like "damn"! Dan asked what was going on so I told him to look. he moved over and looked through the glass and said "what the hell is he doing? Taking a $h!t? and what he waving around" I looked back through the spotter to see Drummond with no shirt!? I know now, from him telling me, that he was trying to whip a tree limb closer to himself to try and pry his foot lose and at the same time block the tire but at the time I just thought he had worked up a sweat or was trying to waft the smell away. At this point I picked up the radio and called him and through the glass I could see the desperate attempts at tree whipping stop and his head snap up and listen, I can imagine what he was thinking; is that the radio? please god let that be the radio! I could tell he could here me but he wouldn't reach into the cab and answer me. Now I knew something was wrong! So now we started the long distance charades game. I told him that I could see him and asked him to shake his head if he could here me-big head shake yes! I asked him if he was taking a dump-big head shake no! I asked him if he was "badgering the whiteness" BIG head shake no followed by the middle finger! I asked him if he needed are help-again big head shake yes! I asked him if this could wait until dark cause we were busy trying to hunt-big head shake no! The next question I already knew the answer to but I had to ask; I asked him if he could drive around and get us cause it was a long walk down to him and we didn't feel like humping it off the rim- even at that distance the cold blank stare and then the middle finger from the shirtless Drum said it all! He wasn?t coming to get us. When we got to him it was almost dark and if you have ever done any trapping you can imagine what it looked like-some mangy old coyote caught by one leg having given up on life and ready to be put out of his misery-except the trap was a new Toyota Tundra and coyotes don't have Celine Dion blaring away on repeat on the CD player.

Son

Here is what happened. Drummond dropped Dan and I off to hike out to a rim to glass while he drove around and under the rim to glass some big flats that ran away from some dirt tanks. The rim that we were hiking out to took about 1 1/2 hours to get to while the drive time the first gate took about 30 mins. When we got the rim we started glassing the flats and the wind mill tanks below us after about an hour I asked Dan "where's Drum" because I could see where his truck should have been parked but wasn?t. By now Drum has been gone from us for about 2 1/2 hours. Unrenowned to us 30 minutes after Drum had dropped us off he pulled up to the first gate and when he stepped out to open it the truck rolled backwards, in a desperate attempt to save his new truck he stuck the only thing he had handy under the wheel to stop it; His size 14. Well that stopped the truck but now he was stuck. Fast-forward 2 hours- After Dan had asked where Drum was I started glassing the road back to where he would have come in from and there by the first gate sat a new Toyota truck, driver side door open head lights on and something moving around by the driver side front. From the distance I was at and the angle of the truck (mostly the passenger side) I couldn't really tell what was happening so I got out the big glass and focused in on what I thought was Drum taking a HUD by the front of the truck. After about fifteen minutes I glassed back over and he was still there, and I was like "damn"! Dan asked what was going on so I told him to look. he moved over and looked through the glass and said "what the hell is he doing? Taking a $h!t? and what he waving around" I looked back through the spotter to see Drummond with no shirt!? I know now, from him telling me, that he was trying to whip a tree limb closer to himself to try and pry his foot lose and at the same time block the tire but at the time I just thought he had worked up a sweat or was trying to waft the smell away. At this point I picked up the radio and called him and through the glass I could see the desperate attempts at tree whipping stop and his head snap up and listen, I can imagine what he was thinking; is that the radio? please god let that be the radio! I could tell he could here me but he wouldn't reach into the cab and answer me. Now I knew something was wrong! So now we started the long distance charades game. I told him that I could see him and asked him to shake his head if he could here me-big head shake yes! I asked him if he was taking a dump-big head shake no! I asked him if he was "badgering the whiteness" BIG head shake no followed by the middle finger! I asked him if he needed are help-again big head shake yes! I asked him if this could wait until dark cause we were busy trying to hunt-big head shake no! The next question I already knew the answer to but I had to ask; I asked him if he could drive around and get us cause it was a long walk down to him and we didn't feel like humping it off the rim- even at that distance the cold blank stare and then the middle finger from the shirtless Drum said it all! He wasn?t coming to get us. When we got to him it was almost dark and if you have ever done any trapping you can imagine what it looked like-some mangy old coyote caught by one leg having given up on life and ready to be put out of his misery-except the trap was a new Toyota Tundra and coyotes don't have Celine Dion blaring away on repeat on the CD player.

The guessing can stop, or not, the answer is above. (twice oops)
Drum is under the knife as this is being typed.

Son

Son - If that story is true that is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard. Poor Drum, sucks to be him right now though.

If that story is true, we'll have to change him name to DUM instead of Drum....
That is a funny story, but that would really suck if it really happened like that!!
Good Luck Drum!!!!
Now get up and get going!!!!

Drum,

Sorry about the mishap. No doubt you'll find a way to get a camo walking cast put on. It is a funny a$$ story though!

I thought I broke my foot last Saturday as well by dropping a huge mirror on it. The top of my foot and toes turned a nice shade of purple, yellow and black and is changing colors daily. I will find out later if there is a fracture as my muley/whitey hunt starts this weekend in Alberta. No way could it be like yours, wow you really snapped it, good job, LOL!

Ed

473cb946123c2961.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-07 AT 03:07PM (MST)[p]Just talked to Drum he sounds like hell but he says he will be hunting again soon. Wheww! I thought we were going to have to have a MAN-tervention.

Son

He was drugged and thought that D13er had posted the story and could not remember him being there! LOL

you should have just waited and watched to see how long before he chewed his foot off! j/k.

Are you sure he wasn't turtle hunting? Kind of looks like a Snapper bite to me!

Eel

Wait a minute here.....Drum ran himself over???

BUWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA! That's way better than me throwing myself down a cliff or tripping over the dog's ball!

Eel, buddy, I think you are on to the truth. Perhaps Son can provide a pikchur of the dreaded, yet rare Snapping Strip Turtle!

Looks like a turtle bite to me! :)

Damn Drum!! That looks painful! Hope you make your hunt.

Call Kevin and ask him what happened to him, though!! Its crazy!

I think he was caught in one of Overton's 'honeyholes'....by his wife.....
------------------------------------------------------
By the way,
I live in UT.
There are a lot of UTARDS that live here.
I have also seen quite a few WYOMORONS, NEVADUHNS, COLORADORKS, ID-IOTS and AIRHEADZONANS in my travels.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-07 AT 05:56PM (MST)[p]
Drum... that's tough. I'm glad you weren't hurt any worse.

One of my brothers once tried to stop a rolling truck and snapped his Achilles' tendon in the effort. As you know now, it's best not to let the truck get on a roll in the first place.

I'll bet you'll find a way to get in some hunting this season. If I were younger and stronger, I'd backpack you in, but I can't.

Maybe you can have your two friends carry you in to your secret hunting spot on a litter, like they carried Jim Bowie around at the Alamo.

Speedy recovery!

HT

AFTER PICS

Son must have been hitting the crack pipe this morning on the way to work! Not a chance that I ran over myself so if you all want to keep guessing then guess away. I will be posting after pics shortly.

Drum

RE: AFTER PICS

Glad to hear your on the recovery road....

gotta admit it is a dang funny story how you run your foot over and all.

Very nice.....You may need to get a boot two or three sizes bigger than your used to, but ahunting you will go!!!

drink more milk!!!

Wow that looks sore...
Hope you can even find a boot to fit that swollen piece of equipment... Good luck and go get 'em Drum!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-07 AT 11:28PM (MST)[p]Did you trip over Predators dog's balls?! (note post #29)

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-07 AT 08:59AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/473dbdf6589e902d.jpg

Heres the one Drum left out.

Son

Drum. Post op x-rays look good. 5th metatarsal fx will take some time to heal. Listen to your Doctor. You don't want a non-union fx. You have years ahead of you to hunt. You don't want foot pain/problems down the road. This may test your patience. Good luck. Greg

From those X-rays, I know egg-sactly what happened.
Whilst pruning the nose hairs of yer pet camel, Humphry, you fell off the ladder. The camel reached out 'an grabed yer foot between his toes to stop yer fall.
Never underestimate the power of camel... feet.

The ONLY other explination is you saved a pack of children from a chubacabra by sticking yer foot betwixed the dread creature 'an the kids, 'an it locked down on yer hoof like a turdle on a twinkie.

My guess is that you and Dan were sparing and well you put it togeather, Dan is a tough man, No harm is getting your foot broke by the Pride Champ. LOL

ok

im going to say....

you were unloading your quad getting ready for another great outing and something went really wrong.

or...'

you asked mama if you could go out and play and when she said no you ran to lock yourself in your room and hit your foot on the edge of the door

Howdy Drummond,

I do hope all is well, or at least, healing.

However; I do know exactly what happened to our dear friend, Huntsonora. For all of you MM well-wishers out there, let me tell you what happened.

Drummond was being a good father, took his daughter to the movies to meet her friends last Friday night. When he went back to pick her up at the end of the movie, she wasn't out front immediately. Ole Drum got out of the truck and walked up to the front steps of the theater just to wait, when ALL OF A SUDDDEN some little pip-squeak came roaring around the corner on his powered skateboard. Drum reacted too late, jumped once to the side, and just as he zigged, the roaring skateboard zagged. Just as Drum came down on his right foot, his daughter came running out of the theater, the skateboard tripped his daughter who fell face first onto the sidewalk. Drum, with all the reaction quickness of a terrapin, stuck out his Left foot to try to catch her fall... which he did, except for the fact that her CHIN hit the outside of his foot and broke his little toe! Therefore.... Drummond became the first hunter in history to have a break caused by a falling daughter augmented by a hot-rodding skateboard.

At least that's his story and he's sticking to it!!!

Best wishes Drum. Hope to see you again sometime.

Coach

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom