Damn Retailers

kilowatt

I went to a new local gun store here earlier this week and they had some Federal .300 Weatherby in the new 180gr Trophy Copper tip rounds and had a price of $56.99 for 20. Should have bought it then, so today I went down there and NOW it is $72.99 for the box and had some others too.

Just finished checking around and found some at MidwayUSA and bought one box for $56.00 but time they added shipping and handling and the rounding up to even dollar it came to $73.

JFPMOGDNLRTC

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Midways shipping price sucks right now anyways. They try showing you are getting a deal until you see the shipping then you end up going back to purchase more to make the shipping charge not seem so gawd awful. Heck of a scam and there are a bunch of retailers doing it too.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

The hazmat fee really runs the price up! Don't think they sell rifle ammo, but Palmetto State Armory in SC doesn't charge hazmat. I bought 8 boxes of .45 from the a few months back at $20 a box and shipping was around $10 if I remember correctly.

Nobody should be charging a hazmat fee for loaded ammo...If they are they are ripping you off..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Actually you did good Brian. By ordering it out of state you beat California out of the tax.

Eel

The prices suck. I found some .22 ammo in a 325 round box for 30.00 bucks. ouch. Then I wanted some .44 mag bear loads and for 20 rounds it was 35 bucks..

I quit using midway due to the high shipping rates.

I was going through some my old boxes of ammo. For 20 rounds of 7mm,30-06,300 it was 7.50-10.00 bucks. I also found a box of the .44mag bear loads with a price of 13.00

Brian, 300 and 7mm Weatherby ammo is outrageous no matter where you go to find it. My son bought 2 boxes of 300 Weatherby ammo LAST YEAR for his elk hunt. He paid $66.00 per box. I now reload his Weatherby ammo for him and he now has over 100 rounds of both 300 and 7mm Weatherby ammo for his two rifles. That should hold him for a few years.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-13 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]Putting what appears to be a decent price on an item to entice a person to buy it and then charging a ridiculous price for S/H is getting more common every day and yet people keep buying the stuff. It's the same deal with the advertising on TV for stuff where they tell you three or four easy payments of such and such and never tell you the full price of the item. People buy the friggin thing and pay the money without even thinking about what the total price is. One other one that's common is to tell you the price for the item and then they tell you if you buy right now they'll give you two or three of the item for the same price as one. People bite on that and don't even wonder how the company is still making a profit by doing that, but they darn sure are! There is no way I'll do business with Midway because of their ridiculous S/H charges and I also won't buy anything that requires the ridiculously high Hazmat fee that is tacked onto the normal S/H charges.

That Hazmat fee is the brainchild of the shipping companies like UPS. They also made a requirement for most guns having to be shipped by next day air at a far higher price. Reason they gave. To lesson the chance of their employees stealing the gun going by ground shipment from terminal to terminal. Give me a break!!!

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom