Dallas eats?

AndymanSavage

Very Active Member
I am flying out of this smog here in UT and heading to TX for a week on business, anyone have any "must hit" food spots in the Dallas-Plano area? We like to hit up local favorites while out of town....beats Applebees and Chili's.....

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Well there's Fogo de Chao - a brazilian churrascar?a a bit like Rodizio Grill, but a little more expensive (make sure to save the per diem for that one!) It is in Addison, kind of between Dallas and Plano.

There are a couple of Rudy's BBQ nearby too, one in Frisco, one in Denton. They have the best brisket around and the cream corn is to die for.

If you have to come down to the Austin area at all look me up and I will hook you up!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Mexican- Mi Cocina in the Highland Village just north of downtown.Reasonable($10-$20)

Seafood-S&D Oyster Bar on McKinney Ave Just north of downtown.Reasonable ($15-$25)

BBQ-What Roy said.

Steaks-1)What Roy said. 2) III Forks off HW 75 (Central Expressway) in the Plano area.3)YO Ranch steakhouse in the West End (downtown). (These are all pricey-$50+)

You have just received the benefit of 20 yrs experience.There are,of course, some VERY expensive places I could point you to but I have only eaten at a couple of them on VERY special occasions.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

cbeard

I like Razoos cajun place. It's a chain, but if you're from Utah it's pretty good. There are a couple off the LBJ on the north side of Dallas/Mesquite area. Or just find a local pit BBQ joint in some small town. You won't be disappointed.

HAZMAT

www.muddyroad.net

Im from Plano, but havent been back there in a while. Macs Bar and Grill in Plano is a great little place to eat. Not too pricey and pretty casual. I used to go there all the time. If you want a great steak, I can tell you that you wont find better than Dakotas in downtown Dallas. Its expensive though. Awesome location too. Ive sent lots of friends there while on business and most come back saying its the best steak they have ever had. Each time I go back to visit, I always have to hit up Dakotas.

>Well there's Fogo de Chao -
>a brazilian churrascar?a a bit
>like Rodizio Grill, but a
>little more expensive (make sure
>to save the per diem
>for that one!) It is
>in Addison, kind of between
>Dallas and Plano.
>
>There are a couple of Rudy's
>BBQ nearby too, one in
>Frisco, one in Denton. They
>have the best brisket around
>and the cream corn is
>to die for.
>
>If you have to come down
>to the Austin area at
>all look me up and
>I will hook you up!
>
>
>
>
>UTROY
>Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Fogo de Chao is great! But, I have been to the one in Sao Paulo, and the American joints are no comparison to the real deal.

Mid trip update........
Thanks guys!

Rudy's = holy protein batman, lots of really tasty meaty choices. Brisket, pulled pork, and sausage were awesome....client did make fun of me for taking him to a gas station to eat.

Razzoo's = yummy cajun fried everything. The fried pickles and rat toes(stuffed jalapenos) were good, and the catfish and shrimp were as well....best thing here may have been the bread pudding.

Tin Star = best chicken fried steak I've ever had, the jalapeno gravy was incredible

Will hit some more over the next few days...makes working long days not seem so bad...thanks again.

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

Speaking of Dallas eats......Dallas really ate it this last weekend.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

Glad you liked it! Next place you go stand up and holler:

"HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS????"

I would wait till the meal is over and you might get it free as they kick you out...

:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom