dall sheep

marley

Very Active Member
I have a dall sheep hunt booked for 2009. And as if I don't already have a lack of sleep I was wondering if you could post some pics of sheep you have all taken in the past just to keep me up even more than I am. Let's see em! Post length and mass if you have it as well so I can work on my judging.

486157166feda7d5.jpg

39 7/8 curl
the bases were somewhere in the 12inch range.

Damn Saint, did you shoot that thing in your backyard? That looks beautiful! Did you get lucky on where you shot him or did you have to drag him off the mountain? I have a feeling that picture is deceiving on the area you were in. Nice sheep!

That is a super ram Saint and a great picture!

Looking at the rams coat I am betting that was the first flat spot after a pretty good roll.

Splash

Here is my $10,000 Ram...
1/8 curl, about 8in length and 3in bases
Wrangle Mtns AK,circa 1989

DONT ASK... I dont want to talk about it...

48617c170f0f99d6.jpg

48617c2f0fab0c2a.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-08 AT 10:43PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-08 AT 10:42?PM (MST)

Heres two pictures of the ram I shot in the Chugach Mountains a while back:

dall5.JPG

Another look at my ram.

dall4.JPG

This rams long horn was just over 40...short horn was 38 and change. Mass was 13 5/8 and the total net score was 164 5/8.

My buddy shot this ram the same day:

Dougsram2.JPG

This ram was 39 and change on both horns with 13 inch bases and net scored 161.

Heres a picture of 2 large rams that were found dead (two on the left). These rams are in order of score...highest to the left and lowest to the right. The largest ram scored 173, the next ram was 169, the next ram is mine, scored 164 5/8, next ram was killed by another hunter in camp and scored 163, and my buddies ram pictured above that scored 161. The 4 biggest rams are all over 40 inches on the long horns.

fiverams.JPG

Marley:

Who did you book with and if you don't mind me asking what is the cost?

I am booked with Chris Zwolinski in the Brooks Range. He came highly recommended by Garth Carter. I paid $10,500. Garth has bought up all the rest of his hunts I think until 2010.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-08 AT 10:08PM (MST)[p]39 long side 38 short x 14 bases

I could not get the field photo to upload. Sorry

DallPed3.jpg

Hey Scree! Nice Dan Montgomery Ram! My 2005 ram is my second with Dan and I and Mark were there when you got yours in 2003. I got mine within a couple of miles of yours in 2005.

Very cool, wyo_bulls that is a great ram you have. I would love to get up there and hunt with Dan again, that man sure knows his stuff.

Here's a link to my post, can't remember how to get the pics to post again.http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID8/2874.html

Anyhow, my ram officially scored 41"x40-3/8 with 14-2/8" bases and put me at 168 total. I for one, won't be endorsing Dan Montgomery any time soon on a sheep hunt for what he tried to do to me during mine. I have video of him buzzing this ram when they were 1000 yards from me and my guide. He did it 4 times total as we were waiving bright colors to get him to stop, but he didn't. We pulled the numbers on the side of the plane and that's how we found out it was him.

In the end it didn't matter, but won't be giving him any props in the future that's for sure. It definitely made my part a lot harder to accoplish.

tc

Cozmo8, great ram and incredible mount. Who is your taxidermist? Who did you hunt with? THanks a bunch, eyespy

Good luck on your hunt!
Here is my ram from 2007. NWT Mckenzie mtns
39 1/2 x 13.5 11 yrs old
48745f6547a347c6.jpg

48745f9648725650.jpg

marley, congrats on booking your dall sheep hunt. I hunted with knik glacerier adventures from palmer ak. I took a great ram. 39 5/8ths x 14 2/8ths right, 39 6/8ths x 14 2/8ths left green, with final b&c gross score 164 1/8, 163 7/8 net. I am not smart enough to know how to post a photo. You can see a photo of my ram in the monster muley web site/ photo gallery other trophies, posted 11-2007, my name is Scott Wayment. Good luck, and get in shape!!!!!!

ColoradoOak, thanks for the help. Don't you wish you were going back sheep hunting this fall? It gets in the blood eh? Later, Eyespy

This is a Brooks Range ram taken many moons ago.
42-1/2" on the long side.

Yukon

4876e735528fdadb.jpg

The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel to fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
-Louis Lamour-

>ColoradoOak, thanks for the help.
>Don't you wish you were
>going back sheep hunting this
>fall? It gets in
>the blood eh? Later,
>Eyespy

Yep, I'm already thinking about planning the next trip.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom