dall sheep

marley

Very Active Member
I just booked a dall sheep hunt for the first week of August in 2009 in the Brooks Range. It's a year and a half away and I already can't sleep at night. You should see the rams I've killed laying there at night.

I know what it is. I just booked for a BC BigHorn Sheep in 2010, that's 2 1/2 years of dreaming !!
I'm now reading Jack O'Connor and others. It doesn't help if you're wondering...

Who are you booked with ? I'm going with Alex Smutny, of Bugle Basin Outfitters. I'm looking for a Dall Sheep hunt in 2011 or 2012.

Martin

Congrats to you both. I hope you each kill nice rams and have the adventure of a lifetime.

Just out of curiosity, what do such hunts cost these days - 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 years out that is?

I'm paying the current advertised price, ie 21 000 $ all inclusive - licenses and taxes. It includes a mule deer tag. I send a 5000$ deposit, should send another 5000$ next spring, with the remaining due summer 2010.

It is expensive, but it's a dream of mine and I expect the prices to increase further.

I have other dream hunts planned after that one - Dall Sheep, Moose-Caribou in the Yukon, Mountain Goat and a premier horseback elk hunt. Hopefully I can also draw some tags for mule deer, antelope and elk.

Martin

I am booked with Chris Zwolinski. He is a small time guide taking only 4 people a year. He came highly recommended by Garth Carter. In fact, after I booked mine he booked 4 or 5 hunts with him. The price of my hunt was $10,500. which also includes my bush plane into the area. That is the average price I would say in the Alaska hunts, the Yukon Dall hunts are around 15000-19000.

martinc
Have you hunted other species with bugle basin outfitters or is this your first time. Was he booked that far in advance or was it your choice to wait.

He has an opening for 2009 but I elected to go in 2010. I want to go in September and I'd like to bowhunt for elk with friends in Sept 09. It will be my first time with him, I was refered by Keith Atcheson. First time I book thru the Atchesons also.

Martin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom