Dall Sheep w/ Nose Job

kilowatt

>> The attachment is a picture of a Yukon Dall Sheep that is mounted at the
>>
>> Foundation for North American Wild Sheep [FNAWS] here in Cody WY.
>>
>> The background was supplied by Linda Youngblood of Clark, WY.
>>
>> This sheep was put down by the Yukon department of wildlife. It had a
>>
>> chronic case of sinusitis through it's life and that caused the horn
>>
>> malformation. This is a terribly bad case!
>> die from the infection way before his horn got to his nose
47ea6f4c671b6e09.jpg

That is pretty unreal and and some may think it's a fake.But when I was still living in Whitehorse,Yukon I saw the actual skull at the Fish and Game offices.

Do either of you guys no the dates and location where this sheep was shot. They did a study on these sheep in the yukon in the early 80's I think I read a report on it but cant remember the cause.

I saw the skull in the early '80s,not exactly sure of the year.Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Hager
Thats interesting thats when I worked in the yukon in the early 80s and seen a few deformed sheep one very similar to this one although thought the horn entered lower in the jaw but we where looking through a spotting scope and the hunter was not interested in it we never say that ram again. A different hunter did take a different deformed one later on. Every year they did what we called the freak study inthe area looking for these sheep just before season. Wish I could find a copy of the report again. Would also be interesting to no if it was the same ram we saw.

BSD What area of the Yukon were you in.I was in Braeburn from '74 until'87 then in Whitehorse til '98.

Hager
Was up around Kluane lake would trail horses in from the end of the lake also take a boat across from destruction bay have to look on a map for the names of some the drainages we hunted there not coming to me right now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom