DALL SHEEP HUNTERS NEW & OLD.

YukonDall

Long Time Member
JUST WANTING TO KNOW HOW MANY MM GUYS HAVE DONE A DALL HUNT. I AM GOING ON THIS IN AUG., AND WOULD LIKE YOUR ADVICE ON EQUIPMENT, SHOOTING, HORSES, WEATHER ECT,ECT. ANYTHING THATS RELATED IN ANY WAY A----Z THAT YOU THINKS IMPORTANT. EVEN IF YOUR JUST NOW PLANNING ONE, AND DOING YOUR HOMEWORK...FIRE AWAY. I HAVE TALKED TO SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN, ABOUT ALL ASPECTS. BUT JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT, YOU LEARN A NEW TRICK. THANKS. YD.

YukonDall
Congrat's on making the trip. I hope to make it up there sometime soon before prices skyrocket even further. Hopefully within 5 years my girlfriend and I can get up to Alaska. My future father in law has taken many dall sheep. It is his favorite hunt by far. I'll talk to him and see if he can give you any pointers. PM me with your phone number and I'll see if he can help you out. Good luck and congrat's again.
BB

Yukon,

I am assuming you are headed to the Yukon---who is your outfitter? I hunted in Alaska in 2001 but had to cancel my Yukon trip with Dan Reynolds scheduled for 2003. Send me your e-mail address and I can send you a little write-up I did for Eastman's.

[email protected]

I have gone to NWT twice. Best trips I ever had. The sheep were pretty easy however. Just get in shape and take good rain gear. The best part for me was the country we hunted, I still dream about being there. Now I prefer to hunt the muleys and spend the extra cash in Mexico. Man I love hunting those monsters! Good luck on your hunt and go for 40inch!!

THANKS GUYS, FOR YOUR CALLS, PM, GOOD BOOKS ADVICE,INFO., AND ENCOURAGMENT I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP..... YD.

Hey YD
Are you going to The Yukon or Ak? I spent a summer up in the Yukon. Wow what a trip it was I was 70 air miles from the nearest Road. If you were going after Stone Sheep I could really be helpful. Seen some dolls but I found some stone sheep that the local guides never even knew they were in the area. Best luck buddy. I have seen a lot of Dolls in Ak but don't know enough about the regs to give you advice.
Rut

I'm leaving Denver August 7th on United Jet and I'm bound for the Wrangell mountains in Alaska for what is hopefully the third leg of my some-day-to-be Grand Slam. I've shot them with my camera and now its time for the .300 UltraMag.

HEY RUTNBUCK, ... I AM GOING TO THE YUKON IN AUG. THESE GUYS HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL ON THIS BOARD, I'VE PICKED UP ALOT. HEY BRUINBREATH, I CALLED YOUR FUTURE FATHER INLAW. DAVID REALLY KNOWS HIS SHEEP, HE IS A SHEEP GURU. WE TALKED ABOUT EVERY ASPECT POSSIBLE. WILL MOST LIKELY CALL HIM AGAIN JUST BEFORE I LEAVE. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE CONTACT, THAT GUY IS AMAZING. YD.

BUCKSPY, I HAVE SEEN A FEW OF YOUR SHEEP PICS... THEY ARE GREAT PICS/YOUR KILLIN ME. I LEAVE AUG. 8TH, I'LL BE RIGHT ON THE YUKON/NWT BORDER. I TALKED TO BRUINBREATH FUT/FATHER INLAW, WHAT A WEALTH OF INFO. THAT GUY IS. WE WILL HAVE TO COMPARE PICS WHEN WE GET BACK. I HAVE ABOUT WORN OUT MY 7MM AT THE RANGE. I DECKED A 275 HOG WITH IT WEDNESDAY, DOUBLE LUNGED HIM AT 75 YARDS. ARE YOU BY ANY CHANCE GOING W/ ELLIS GUIDE SERVICE??? ... TALK TO YOU SOON. ...YD.

If you will be No of Whitehorse I will give you some grid cord's Some day I want to be an amazing sheep hunter like YD
lol
Rut.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom