Dads Book Cliffs Buck

P

pinny14

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-13 AT 08:06PM (MST)[p]My dad drew a 2013 archery Book Cliffs tag. My dad hadn't been out to the Book Cliffs in over 30 years. So this hunt was completely new to me, my brother and basically to my dad. We had gone scouting out there a couple times and located a few nice bucks. One of the bucks that we located was actually the one my dad got. We had watched several nice bucks work their way north along the ridge on Saturday and Sunday. So we were hoping that the bucks would do the same thing on Monday, luckily they did. We hiked in before light and set up on the edge of the ridge with a nice clearing below us. Within 30 minutes of first light we had a small 2 point, a 4 point and this nice 4x5 buck came in to the clearing. We ranged the buck at 40 yards and with one well placed shot the buck was dead and down within 80 yards. It was like being a little kid again, watching my hero pull back his bow, settle his pin on the buck and release. What a great experience we all had together getting this buck. I am proud of my dad and his excellent shot on this buck. Not too bad for a 66 year old man!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/7060dads_buck1.jpg

Congrats to your dad on a fine buck!
It's always good to hear about the "old" guys still getting excited. It happens to me all the time while hunting and I'm one of the older dudes!
Years ago people would tell me how I would lose that excitement. I guess they were all wrong!
Most of my friends have lost the drive but a few friends still have it.
I can still hear the "Christmas bell ring" for hunting season! haha
Zeke

Nice Buck, Glad to see your dad still getting it done right.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Awesome buck! The book cliffs have struggled recently glad to see there's still some big boys out there

I have been meaning to add a few more pictures, been out chasing around some elk. Here you have it.

Saw a few tatonka
8727dscf5258.jpg

Nice picture of the old man with his buck
7063dscf5303.jpg

The three amigos!
8059dscf5308.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom