D3-5

C

CaliHNTR

I have one weekend to hunt this year and it happens to be this one, I am heading out Friday night and heading for pioneer. We are staying two nights in the area around silver lake and may venture north into D4 if we have to. I was wondering if anyone has seen any sign of the herd after this storm or if there is any particular area we should focus on? Any help would be appreciated. I had only had two days to scout this year and am new to this zone. We wanted to try something different then our usual D7. Next year we should have enough points to pull our favorite X zone.

I was up in the high country of D-4 on Wed. and the movement hadn't started yet. 7-8 inches of snow at 7000 ft. It continued snowing off and on yesterday and it may have triggered some deer to move down a little.

My buddy was up there yesterday and saw two bucks being validated at a fire station in D-5 he also received a photo from his grandfather of a huge buck taken in X3a I'll see if I can post it in a new thread in a minute! I'll be up there this evening and hunting tomorrow and Sunday. Hope I see a shooter. I'm taking my fiance, maybe she'll bring me some good luck!

Hiked 7 miles in D5 yesterday and kicked up one doe! Only ran across one other deer all day! Heard some shots and ran across one young kid with a small buck he just dragged back to his truck. Looks like we guessed wrong and should have went to a higher elevation, I don't think the big boys have started to head out of their summer hidding places yet.

Some times I practice shoot and release! :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom