D 7 photos

Anaconda

Very Active Member
Headed up near Wishion to take a hike with a rifle Saturday morning.
Only saw six does, but the scenery was worth while.
About 7,000 feet, some snow on the ground from Wednesdays storm, but it's starting to melt.

Sunrise, about a mile from the road
P1000665.jpg

Chilly enough for frost
P1000668.jpg

Started to warm up by 9am
P1000673.jpg

Once the snow started melting, those tiny creeks started getting bigger
P1000675.jpg

P1000674.jpg

Nice pics, you're in my back yard..lol

That last pic is Eagle Peak taken from the Brush meadow loop maybe?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>Nice pics, you're in my back
>yard..lol
>
>That last pic is Eagle Peak
>taken from the Brush meadow
>loop maybe?

I believe it is Eagle peak, taken from below the loop.

My buddy killed a nice 18" 3pt thursday morning between dinky creek and wishon resivoir. The deer were moving between wednesday and friday. It was his first buck in California.

There's a lot of country between Dinky creek and Wishon. This is the first year I drew a tag out side of D-7 that wasn't an X zone. Last year we took quads from courtwright up the dusy ershim trail and hiked in from there and only found a few smaller deer so we decided to try something new this year and drew D3-5 for nada. Next year we should be able to pull either X-9a or X-12. Not sure which one yet but we're hoping on far better results. Good luck on the D-7 tags, there is some nice deer up in the high country but you gotta work to find those big boys with the 9,000 tags chasing them around!

Some times I practice shoot and release! :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom