CWD unit.. what do I need to do.

elkhuntn247

I drew Unit 89 for deer this season, Its listed as a CWD unit. What are all the steps I have to do to get my deer out of the state?

I thought I read that you have to bone out the meat and the skull plate with antlers has to be clean. I'm guessing that's good enough to show sex for the meat in possession. I'm also interested in what others have to say about this.

You really need to check your home state laws and states you are traveling through. You can leave Wyoming without a problem but if you get caught in another state importing a animal from a CWD area your in for some trouble. Most states don't allow you to import any parts that contain the glands, brain matter, or spinal cords. If your getting your animal processed the glands and spinal cord will be taken care of. If you are going to have it mounted you'll need to get a face cape. Most of the taxidermist charge about $50.00 to do this and a lot of the processors have one there to do this. You can do it yourself as it really isn't hard but just make sure you take all the measurements before you do it. You only need to do this for CWD animals. Antelope are not a problem but mule deer are. Make sure your tags stay with the animal at all times. Here in PA an out of state animal must have a tag with it until the mount is completed.

being that im from wyoming, i get my deer checked out. when i go to the proccessor, someone with the game and fish awaits. they ask if you want to get it checked. its free. takes a few minutes. they take you head and go digging through the neck to the jaw and look for something.

so there you will find out, also just give the game and fish a call to see what they have to say.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom