CUTTIN FIREWOOD

YukonDall

Long Time Member
ANYBODY LIKE TO CUT FIREWOOD?? I GO ONCE A WEEK JUST TO BE IN THE HIGH COUNTRY SINCE NO HUNTIN IS GOING RIGHT NOW. MY WIFE CALLS ME A WOOD WHORE, I HAVE 6 CORDS BUT I REALLY LIKE TO FIRE UP THE CHAINSAW ANYWAY. I DO FIND A LITTLE FISHIN ALONG THE WAY, AND I LIKE THE CAMP FIRE AT NIGHT......WITH A COUPLE OF BREWSKIS & A CIGAR. I GET TO SCOUT A FEW PLACES TO DEER HUNT (OR WOOD)....BUT THE TEMPS UP THERE KEEP ME WANTING TO GO BACK. GOING TO CANCUN NEXT WEEK WITH THE WIFE........BUT I RATHER CUT WOOD...I'M A WOOD WHORE...........YD.

Bring me a load!

I HATE CUTTIN' FIREWOOD!

I got all the fishing you can stand and your buddies elk is hobbled in the river. 7x7 with a 3 point crown on each side. He likes apples!

Least you could do......

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

I love my firewood. Only I hardly ever go to thr mountains to get it. I get it at the sawmill where I work. Planer trim ends. Anything from 2x4 to 6x12. If I see free firewood, I can't pass it up. 15 minutes after work, I'm loaded up. I have next winters wood all dry and ready to burn.

No as much fun as heading for the mountains, and not oak or madrone, but pretty nice.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-11 AT 10:28PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-11 AT 10:27?PM (MST)

LMAO DON, YOU KILL ME. DID ##### CALL YOU ????? HE IS PRETTY EXCITED ABOUT THE ELK HUNT. IS A CORD OF TAMERACK ALRIGHT ??? KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY.............YD.

I do. Went out today. Cut and hulled in a couple of pick up loads. We burn 6 cord a year and I like to have another 2 cord sitten just in case. My 14 year old son and I went up around Douglas Pass today and spent the majority of the day up there goofing off and scouting such as you. Let him run the saw for a while which always brings a big ole smile to his face each time, mine too since its all a part of watching him grow into a man. I also like to hand split the majority of our wood too. I find doing so is a great way to get into shape prior to the hunting seasons and wonderful stress relief. Then there is the satisfaction of coming home after a bone chilling cold day in the field to a warm fire and house heated by the wood we cut, hulled, split, and stacked. To me its part of living in the mountains and something I look forward too each and every year.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway

I'm not a fan of it bc it's hot and humid and cutting firewood ensures no wind movement.... HOWEVER, when we need to crank up the smoke house, I've got no problems going and cutting hickory. I also take mental notes of where rich liter stumps are when I'm out walking around.

tailchasers, you're up in my old stompin grounds.. I left Rangely after graduating in 89.

I loved being up around Douglas Pass.

Steve

Canyonwell; I'm still learning the area around these parts but find the Douglas Pass area to be quite awing. There is some much up there and right now the flowers are really starting to take off.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Steve, where have you been hiding?

Yukon, you cuttin' up in D-7? We have a guy here in Woodlake we call the wood whore, too. He cuts up below Kings Canyon Nat. Park. pc

YD, I used to cut and sell firewood every year, not so much anymore..Some times I would make two runs up and back a day, truck and trailer full..Last time we cut we had over 20 cords of it here at the house.. I bet there's a lot of downed trees from shaver up to wishon this year..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

PC.....PRETTY MUCH ALL OVER D-7......NEVER MET A TREE I DIDN'T LIKE.....TREE HUGGERS A DIFFERENT STORY.

BUCKSNORT......YOU SAID IT!!! TREES DOWN EVERY WHERE. GET THERE BOUT 8AM....GOT A TRAILER LOAD BOUT 11.30 AM......JUST IN TIME FOR A BREWSKI OR TWO.........SURE IS NICE UP THERE.......YD.

I've had a lot of great days that started out just going to get a load of wood. Take the rods and a buddy along, check out new country, try to keep from getting stuck and having to walk out, not having a tree pinch or fall on your saw, or just taking a break if you feel like it and enjoy the surroundings. Yep, no doubt, going out and getting a good load that's going to help you stay warm in the winter is a good thing!! Meat bee's not included!

Joey

JOEY......A CAN OF CARB/BRAKE CLEANER SPRAY IS THE TICKET FOR THOSE LITTLE TURDS......DEVASTATES EM............YD.

LOL about the meat bee's .. I got a buddy who is a big ogar, 6'4" and strong as a bull... He's a magnet for the meat bee's.. He gets bit and swells up something fierce.. The bee's always seem to fly right past me and attack him..It's funny to see a big tough dude running and squirmin from a little bee..lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I just started getting next years supply...a little at a time all summer long...I burned 11 cords this last winter...the most I've burned since being in Wyoming..I keep my stockpile loaded to 12..naturally I got to find the biggest tree in the forest every year..got six cord out of one doug fir one year..it was 40 inches on the butt..

YD, you remind me a lot of my dad...dude goes and cuts down trees every chance he gets!! Couple years ago he really got into it and now he's got multiple chainsaws/bars and 3 splitters at the house. Before winter I had 3 or 4 cords at my house, he had around 6 or 7...he's always having the neighbors over to check out his wood lol!!

Personally, I'd rather be glassing for deer but I help him out here and there...I just don't enjoy it like he does!!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

I love to get a load of wood. Pinyon most the time, like to get about six or seven pickup loads a year. been out there twice, this year, couldn't even get there the first load, a five foot snow bank in the way. I usually mix it up, about five loads of pinyon, and two loads of tamerack. been too busy the last couple weeks but I'll get after it, after the holiday.

Thanks

Brownie

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom