custom stocks

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
Ive taken my daughters out several times and my oldest is an incredible shot with my .223 i have only seen her miss once. But it bothers the heck out of me to see her shoot my rifle. It simple doesn't fit her worth a crap.

give me some direction where i can find an adjustable stock she can grow with! do they even make one?

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

We can not give you any advice on a possible adjustable stock since you failed to mention make and model of the firearm you have her shooting.

Your best bet would be look for a used replacement stock for the rifle and have a local gunsmith cut it down to fit her, and save your present stock for the future when she grows up.

You can even get adjustable recoil pads that will allow up to 1 inch of adjustment as she grows while using the cut down stock.

RELH

Howa makes a youth gun that comes with a full size stock.... Then you have a gun she can use for a long time, until she decides to buy a custom gun of her own.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-10 AT 12:45PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-10 AT 12:25?PM (MST)

Black rifles (AR-15s) come in all different cals. now. I've seen .22 all the way up to .338 You could always get a .243 with a adjustable stock. These guns can be super accurate and a blast to shoot. You can also customize them for your needs or change them as you go. Just make sure you have some $$$ on hand.

Good luck hunting with the little ones. I think its the neatest thing a person can do.

Hey ButtMaster,
Bring your gun over,with a little help from my sawzall we'll make that gun fit her like a glove.}>}>}>

The gun is a Savage .223 if I had it in front of me I could get the model but I don't.

I would like to get some kind of synthetic stock with adjustable check plate and butt plate. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get one. I mean if it cost more then the rifle ill just get another rifle and cut the stock down with bess's sawzall.

I have a whole pasture that needs marmots cleaned out of and it wold be cool to see her doing the cleaning. Those little buggers have almost ruined every goose blind in the pasture, let alone plugged up a pipe.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

sw,
Thought I was gonna have to do the same thing for jr his 1st year.
He wanted to hunt Elk his first year,I said:Fine but you're gonna have to pack a gun big enough for the job.
Well,I still remember his first shot off the back of my tailgate,only took 30 minutes to squeeze the first round off,but after that at a whoppin 75 pounds he handled the the 300 wsm just fine,thought for sure I was gonna have to get that sawzall out before he grew in to it.
There's some cheaper/used stocks on the market that wouldn't make you to mad if you had to cut,you could put the original stock back on later,maybe let the kids grow up taking turns with the one gun rather than modifying a bunch of different guns.

My Sawzall is always for lease/rent }>}>}>

Check out Weatherby - they have a couple of youth combo packages that will allow you to upgrade the stock in a few years if needed.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

SWbuckmaster;

Go to the web site www.brownells.com Search for item # 159-225-010AC and also look at item# 159-220-602AC Both are Choate synthetic stocks for the Savage short action with adjustable lenght of pull and cheekpiece adjustable for height.

RELH

Call Brownells and ask to speak to someone in the Tech. dept and they will tell you what it will adjust down to for pull lenght. They have a toll free number to call.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom