CUSTOM RIFLE STOCK QUESTION???

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

I'm wondering if there are any Gun Shops/Gun Smiths/Stores on the Wasatch that might sell Custom Rifle Stocks for a Remington 700 Long action?

I'd like to look at/hold them/check them out,before just ordering one!

Don't know if anybody makes a Thumbhole Stock that is Synthetic with Soft coating?

Any Info is Appreciated!

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Check out Hogue full-bed stocks. I did a conversion on my old 700 a few years ago and it is the best investment I ever made,besides that old -06!

I can't help you with trying to find one to look at, but I do have experience with three different manufacturers thumbhole stocks.

H.S. Precision's is by far my favorite, it has a little bigger grip thats fits my hands perfectly. Its a little heavier with the full bedding block, but very solid and accurate. I didn't skim bed it either, just torqued the action screws down to the suggested specs.

Next in line is the McMillian Lazzeroni thumbhole with pillar and glass bedding. It has a smaller thumb grip, but its at a slight angle and took a little getting used to. The only reason I bought this one is HS Precision doesn't make a Sako inletted stock. Good stock, but long wait for custom colors.

The last is a Bell and Carlson. Wouldn't buy another one. I was a little suprised at the amount of flex in the stock. This stock needs a really heavy duty bedding job to be functional, but its also half the cost of the other 2.

I have also heard good things about the Manners composite stocks.

sagefrog

I put a Boyds thumbhole laminate on my 300 weathrby mag recently and love it. I put a limb saver recoil pad and a timnet trigger set at 2#.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

If you are referring to Brad Stair, he is no longer at Wasatch. He is now at cross canyon arms. www.cc-arms.com But I think Bessy already knows this.
As far as a soft stock. Time to man up bessy. You wont be able to hold on to it with all of that girl hand lotion ,keeping your hand soft ;)

Lol Big John!

Ya I've already been in contact with Brad Stair,He's reworking my Trigger as we speak!

Wasn't gonna change the Stock but Damn Man they sure got some Perty Scratch-able Stocks on the market!:D

Thanks everybody & keep em coming!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

Hey RIMROCK338!

Send me a PM & Thanks!

Hey Bessy..long time... I Talked to Rut, he said you were looking for a stock...I have a arm load of factory take offs but I don't think that is what you are looking for.. good luck...Rimrock

Hey Bessy I will bet ya a dollar to a doughnut I can talk Rimrock into letting me drill a hole in one of his stocks! Nice talking today to you and Rimrock.

Rutnbuck

Dang it RIMROCK!

You gotta chime in a little more often!

I sent you a PM & Thanks!

Wished you could'of went to SJ with me & Rut last Fall!

Wished you could'of went to SJ with me & Rut last Fall!

ME TOO>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oh I think I may have had a broken neck,blind in one eye, a corn on my big toe,a snotty nose,the #####'s but what else would have kept me from going...Rimrock

They're all pretty dang good. It's more of a personal deal and what feels best to you. I own some mcmillans, manners, hs, and bell and carlson. I probably like the look and feel of the mcmillans the best, but they all function great. Take Brad's advice if he's doing some work for you. He's one of the best out there and knows his stuff!

+ 1 hank4elk I put a Hogue full bed stock on my model 700 and just love it !

Moose

Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom