Current Streak

D

Deuce

Utah continues nations longest current bowl winning streak. Another BSC conference team goes down. The MWC 2-0 against BCS teams, 3-0 so far in this seasons bowl games.

To bad TCU didnt get a better match up. BCS placement in bowl games sucks................MWC diserves better respect...

The MWC will get more respect when the teams start playing some real competition. Ain't gonna happen when they play these pop warner teams all year long, then brag about their record.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-09 AT 12:37PM (MST)[p]They try to play the BCS teams in their non-conf schedule. Texas Tech is trying to get out of playing TCU next year. Wonder why... maybe it's because they know they are going to lose.

As for playing pop warner teams, look at Florida's non-conf schedule... Talk about playing your pop warner schedule...

...so easy, eh Bullelk1? You've obviously missed your calling in life. Quick, head to your nearest BYU, TCU, or UofU AD and get yourself hired on as the scheduler for all future football games. I'm sure your school of choice will more than welcome your magnanimous willingness to load up their schedule with some "real competition" because they've been trying for several years and have difficulty finding any BCS teams that are willing to play them. BYU jumped at the opportunity to play OU on a "neutral" field earlier this year, and then had the audicity to first knock the Heisman winner out for the season and then win the game. BYU didn't know it was supposed to be a sacrificial lamb in OU's march to this years NC. The more successful the BSU, BYU, TCU, & UofU are, the less the "real competition" is willing to let them compete.

I'm tired of this BS argument anyway. None of these teams has any control on how good their competition is. They can only control how good they are, and every team deserves an opportunity to prove it on the field. It's time for a NCAA football playoff.

Oh yeah, hurting a guy with a cheap shot is their claim to fame. I would love to see the pussycats play the worst team in the SEC so they could learn the true meaning of speed. When they get to be number one, and they play 2-3 other top 20 teams, then you jokers can gloat.

Florida's last 3 games were against tougher opponents than any team BYU played this decade. No one wants to play them because the are lousy.

The Mountain West is bush league football, and you guys would have a clue if you would watch a bowl game that is played on New year's day or after.

The BCS was set up to match the #1 against the #2. That's it. The MWC has had its best year in a long time. I don't think they will ever get an automatic BCS bid like the big 6 conferences, but you would have difficulty convincing me that the ACC is any better in football than the MWC is right now.

I believe that every year we are going to hear these same rumblings until we get a tournament. I also believe that if we were to get a tournament, it would have similar outcomes to the NCAA basketball tournament. You would see a couple of small schools in a few isolated upsets, but the national champion would likely be from one of the big, traditional powerhouse schools that reside in the conferences that are already getting automatic BCS bids.

Here you go Bullelk1. Patsies Florida played to achieve thier lofty ranking, Charlston Southern, Troy and FIU. Who the heck are they? Utah had no problem with dominating SEC speed on New Years day or after last year, it's a shame that another SEC team could'nt get a taste MWC speed in a game against TCU again on New Years day or after.

Utah is good...they kicked the 5th place Pac10s arss.

I do like Utah and BYU's coaches...very good.

HK

Florida also plays the numbers 2,3, and 4 teams in the country this year. Meanwhile, BYU goes against those perennial powerhouses New Mexico, UNLV, Tulane, and Air Force. I do wish TCU played someone other than Boise State.

I really am just jerking your guys chains. i do the same thing to the BSU fans here in Idaho. We need a playoff.

Merry Christmas to all.

heheh...the replay of Clawson's shot on Bradford heard round the nation has been played a thousand times. That's the first time I've heard someone say it was anything other than a clean hit. Please forgive Clawson for being so dominant against the "real competition's" offensive line... ;-)

lmao at the dude slurpin the SEC. You must have not watched the sugar bowl last year. When Utah ripped Bama's arms off and beat them with 'em. It's a shame that the BCS is that scared of mid majors. I laughed when they put BSU vs TCU. Can't have that many undefeated teams to show how horribly wrong the system is.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom