Currant Creek Antlerless late elk hunt HELP!

F

flyfish108

Helo all-
I have had a family cabin by Red Creek Reservoir for 25 years. We have always enjoyed the cow elk hunt around my cabin as it has always been quite successful for us. This year I was finishing up some college courses and was not able to hunt Elk in November. This year I have a late cow elk hunt tag that expires on 12/27/15.
We went out all week last week and I never saw a single ELK! I hunted all around Red Creek, Currant Creek all the way on top and saw absolutely nothing!
This has never happened before, I had my 9 year old son with me and was really excited to get him out and enjoy elk hunting for his first time as I always enjoyed it as a kid at his age.
My only guess is that the elk are wintering on the south side of Tabby on the Grey Wolf Mountain area which is closed to access by vehicle this time of year.
I would like to take my son back up to my cabin the day after christmas (Bandanna ranch) to see if we can find a cow elk, but I have no idea where to go? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom