credit card

nfh

Long Time Member
Question of the day. What's your favorite credit card and why?

I switched from cabelas to Scheels. Reason is I find better deals with scheels. The rewards are gift cards after a certain X amount of money is spent on the card. The store has a much bigger selection than Cabelas when it comes to my needs and what the wife wants.

I switched from Cabelas to Scheels to. I feel like Cabelas quality has dropped since they sold. Scheels does have a huge selection.

Had Cabela's for years and they switched from Visa to Master Card, which I like better. The old Visa took numerous days to post pending charges and I would have to call and ask for pending charges at hunt application time. Also I buy my Idaho bear tag and license each year with my Cabela points from the store before I leave Utah. Just costs gas and groceries for the trip after that.

Also have a Scheels card for the past 8 months, but have not used it much yet. Will have to research it a little better. Thanks for the information.

I have the chase sapphire. That is my go-to card. Still have the Cabela’s but don’t use it much anymore. Have had it for over 20 years now.

"Question of the day. What's your favorite credit card and why? "

Somebody else's. Because the bill never seems to show up at my house. :LOL:

Citi Bank double cash back Mastercard. Two per cent cash back on everything you spend. I used a Cabela's card for years but it was only 1% store credit.

If you are going to get 2% back then use it for everything you can and pay it off at the end of the month.

A lot of things you can't use it on but you can pay car and house insurance and cell phone bills with it.

One other one I use is a Lowe's card. If you are buying from Lowe's it's 5% off.

Airline cards are a little confusing but the miles usually equate to about 1%. But sometimes they offer a lot of free miles to sign up. I got an American Airlines card that gave 60,000 free miles ($600) to
sign up and no fees for one year. I have already used the $600 and will just cancel the card when the fee comes due (about $90).

I fly a ton so I always use my SouthWest Visa. Also have my Marriott points converted to SW miles.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom