Creating a monster...

CAelknuts

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-12 AT 08:40PM (MST)[p]Now that my divorce is about finalized, I've started getting out and starting to have a social life again. So, the other day this lady I've started seeing tells me that she wants to go to a California Waterfowl Association (CWA) dinner. She tells me she is going to win a gun or two if I take her. Not wanting to disappoint her (even though I know how slim the odds of winning a gun are), I get us tickets and we go. When we arrive, I'm not happy when I see that the dinner only has 6 raffle guns for the nearly 100 diners in attendance.

My date asks me which gun she wants to win, and there is a Beretta Urika synthectic stocked 3" 12 gauge with the 'kick off' system. It's a no brainer, as that is the nicest gun there by far, other than a couple auction guns. So, she goes up and starts rubbing her hand on the gun and tells me "I'm going to win this gun because I'm magic". The first winner gets their choice of gun, the next winner their choice of what is left, and so on. Well, the very first gun choice comes up for raffle and lo and behold, her name is called. She jumps up screaming, and thrusts her fists into the air before practically running over to the gun table to tell them she wants the Beretta. When she gets back to the table, she says "I told you I'm magic".

Now, she's going crazy because she has to wait 10 days before she can pick up her gun. She's already told me she is going to shoot a longbeard with it on opening day of turkey season next month. And....

We're going to the upcoming Ducks Unlimited dinner and she tells me she's going to win the door prize, which is a Polaris 850 quad, as well as another gun. Time will tell, after all, she's 'magic'. I have a feeling I'm going to be going to more fundraising dinners this year than I've gone to in a long time.
It's a nice problem to have.

She also wants to know which out of state hunts I'm taking her on this fall. She wants to go elk hunting, as well as pronghorn hunting. She needs to win herself a rifle now.

Hey bro :). So happy to hear things are lookin up for ya. I won't say I told ya so but I told ya so.
Met an awesome cowgirl that is now my wife and best friend. Funny how things work out. Now go have some fun shooting all these new guns. And a side note. Ya may wanna take that gal to Vegas ?

"So, she goes up and starts rubbing her hand on the gun and tells me "I'm going to win this gun because I'm magic". "

She sounds like a keeper with hands like that. ;-)

Hey.....now what else is she rubbing with those magic hands and telling you she is gonna win?!?!?! LMAO!

Good on you brother!! I have not heard from you in a while....Glad to hear things are going well!!!

My only other question....can she cook...for a few guys..in the duck club????

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-12 AT 00:12AM (MST)[p]>"So, she goes up and starts
>rubbing her hand on the
>gun and tells me "I'm
>going to win this gun
>because I'm magic". "
>
>She sounds like a keeper with
>hands like that. ;-)

It's when she rubs the gun, and it shoots that you have to watch out for ;-)
4673small_kiss2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-12 AT 00:36AM (MST)[p]
Its all good until you make her pack your tree stand in on her bike, and you post pictures of it, then it just becomes funny!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

CA!

This Thread is worthless without some Pics!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Keep the monster happy and your life will be nice and easy, Piss off monster and well, It was nice knowing ya.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Good to hear of. I knew mine was good when she wanted me to teach her how to shoot. I think you are off to a wonderful start.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Good to hear its all working out for you. Since my divorce I have only been able to find gals that are just plain crazy, and not a single one that has any interest in fishing or hunting.

You guys are crazy....my old lady loves to hunt. Ya its great in the begining... but then they start with the "well if you need swarovskis dont I" or "when do I get a new custom rifle?" or "how come your buddies dont go hunting with us anymore?" I guess it could be worse but getting the guilt trip when I want to take off hunting is a PIA. I guess she missed the memo about staying home and raising the kids.

I took her out goose hunting the other day, as California has a 5 day specklebelly & snow goose season that just ended. She was disappointed that she couldn't shoot her new 3" Beretta since the 10 day waiting period hasn't expired, so I had to give her another shotgun. She killed her first snow and first speck. I'll try to post up a pic or two if I can get them downloaded.

Sounds good if that's what you want but I really like hunting with the fellas. My gal and I fish a lot together and I love that but I'm not sure I would want to her going on every hunt. She is extremely supportive of my hunting though and that is really important. Good luck and take it SLOW.....

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Great - but can she pull a rickshaw?

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-12
>AT 00:36?AM (MST)

>
>
>Its all good until you make
>her pack your tree stand
>in on her bike, and
>you post pictures of it,
>then it just becomes funny!
>
>
>
>
>
>
48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

+1
That's what came to my mind as well

Caelknuts
If she has a sister maybe you can help out Calif_mike.

>I took her out goose hunting
>the other day, as California
>has a 5 day specklebelly
>& snow goose season that
>just ended. She was
>disappointed that she couldn't shoot
>her new 3" Beretta since
>the 10 day waiting period
>hasn't expired, so I had
>to give her another shotgun.
> She killed her first
>snow and first speck.
>I'll try to post up
>a pic or two if
>I can get them downloaded.
>

Wait until she gets her first buck or bull...then guys will wanna see her rack.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Why do we have to wait that long.

Can we see her and her new gun.

So Dan just texted me a picture of his new girl. She is a HOTTIE!!!! And I think I agree with one of the posts above...now guys are gonna want to see her rack!! HAHA

GOOD job buddy. She looks like a keeper and I can not wait to meet her!! Just dont tell her too many lies about me before I get the chance!! From the looks of it....she might be be able to out shoot me too.

Here is a picture for all the boys to check out.

IMG950088.jpg

She doesn't eat em Raw does She?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-12 AT 09:22PM (MST)[p]>She doesn't eat em Raw does
>She?
>
>
>[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
>
>If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM
>TO ME!
>
>
>
>
>Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can
>

No Bessy, not raw. She did shoot two of those geese herself, a speck and a snow, and then cooked them for dinner that night. Of course, it took her nearly a box of shells but since we're not golfing nobody is counting how many shots it took. ;-) She cooks better than she shoots, but I'm guessing that after she picks up her new Beretta shotgun, there's gonna be plenty of time spent on the sporting clays range, so the shooting will come along.

I HATE the face-eating sun glasses fad that the girls are going through! Why not just wear a polarized face mask?

That being said...Good shooting, girl!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom