Crazy Wyoming Winter Kill

B

Blueticker

540imag0333.jpg

9714imag0334.jpg

Wyobackcountry,
Yeah I'm Rob do I know you. The bull isn't mine it belongs to the Boy Scouts and I'm putting a score on it for them. It's one of the coolest bulls I've ever had my paws on so I thought I'd share the photo.

It's Russell, I worked at TSA in the hunting department for a few years and we used to B.S. a bunch. Last time we talked was a couple years ago up on Taylor.

That's an awesome bull!! They gonna have it at the auction this year? You gonna be there?

That's about the coolest dead-head I've ever seen. Thanks for posting it up.
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON May-13-13 AT 06:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-13-13 AT 03:31?PM (MST)

Russell

They're gonna sell that bull this weekend along with these sheds. These sheds are by far the largest of any bull I've ever scored for the Boy Scouts. Assuming a 40" spread he grosses 427, nets 412 as a nontypical and has an incredible 61" main beam. The non-typical bull above had 11 2/8" circumferences between his first and second points. I believe this is a result of the easy winter in 2011/2012. I expect there will be some good antler growth again this year with the easy winter we just had.
5988imag0336.jpg

I was just about to ask you if you knew if the Boy Scouts picked up the sheds of the monster with the dropper....Guess you answered that for me. I have 2 pictures of him from this past winter that the game biologist took and sent to my boss saying it was hands down the largest bull he has seen out on the refuge. Im heading back to Moose area tomorrow to start working again and am looking forward to getting into the festivities in Jackson this weekend. I would assume those sheds are going up for action as a set? He was just an incredible bull to see the on-the-hoof pics of, he absolutely dwarfs every elk around him in size.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom