Crazy Change in 1 Year

Wyo_Roadhunter

I've never seen a buck change this much in 1 year to a completely different frame. I've watched them switch sides with inlines and cheaters or add a cheater once in a while but to have a completely different frame is crazy. I think the most random change I have seen besides this one was the cheater buck i watched and hunted for a few years grew a 6" drop tine the year my cousin ended up getting him.

The 3 point main frame was last year

20240719_191044.jpg

20230725_170803(0).jpg

I didn't really want to say anything negative about that particular buck but bucks with a 3x frame will possibly not score very well using the B&C nontypical score sheet even if they have a gob of extra tines. Obviously, score isn't everything.

Cool buck and it's great to see such an incredible increase in only a year or 2!

I didn't really want to say anything negative about that particular buck but bucks with a 3x frame will possibly not score very well using the B&C nontypical score sheet even if they have a gob of extra tines. Obviously, score isn't everything.

Cool buck and it's great to see such an incredible increase in only a year or 2!
So you're saying you wouldn't shoot this buck with a 3x3 frame?

Last edited:
I didn’t say I wouldn’t shoot him as a cool nontypical. I just said his 3x frame detracts from his B&C score. Obviously score isn’t everything.

My guess is that the same nontypical genetics are in that herd with 4x4 frame. In fact, there is a 4x4 buck in the 2nd photo. Just think what that buck would be like with a giant 4x4 frame plus extras.

If you had 2 nontypical bucks standing beside each other and 1 had a 3x3 and other had a 4x4 frame with both having similar extra tines, which buck would you shoot?

With that said, he’s still a really cool buck and I would likely shoot him if I couldn’t find a whopper typical or nontypical with a 4x4 frame while scouting/hunting.

Amazing What A Buck Can Turn Into When You Let Em Live A Few Years Isn't It?

Put The 3 Point In Front Of 99.7% Of The DRATS & He's Dieing A 3 Point!

Right Niller?

SAD!
I will say I would've been in the 99.7% 😂. I never would have guessed he'd change into this. But I've been wrong lots, looking at the pictures of the king before he was a big deal he was a crab claw 4x5 that I'd have never thought would turn into anything either. Then the bucks I've thought would blow up never changed 😂

Also saw some new pictures of this buck and his cheaters are now splitting too.

I will say I would've been in the 99.7% 😂. I never would have guessed he'd change into this. But I've been wrong lots, looking at the pictures of the king before he was a big deal he was a crab claw 4x5 that I'd have never thought would turn into anything either. Then the bucks I've thought would blow up never changed 😂

Also saw some new pictures of this buck and his cheaters are now splitting too.
exactly why management hunts are stupid.......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom