crappy 'smithing

I could see my Grandfather doing that. I think his craftsmanship would be better. He wasn’t like us where guns are valuable and interesting. They are tools to him, just like a hammer or knife and he would modify those to fit a need. I grew up without him ever sharing guns or shooting or hunting with me. I’m glad my dad taught me better.

Captain_coues,

I understand. My dad carried this 94 for years. If I recall correctly, it is a 30s year production. The stock got broken; dad was carrying it in a scabbard and had a horse wreck. The stock got broken/cracked, so he did a cowboy fix and wrapped some leather around it, tied it up with potato sack string and soaked it to let the leather shrink and firm up. I wouldn't dream of fixing the stock properly.

m9C7oJY.jpg

Lol....I love that 30 minute rail on that 94....long ranger

I found this 22 under the seat of a 1937 business mans coupe cleaning up my great uncles mess....lol...barrel must have wiggled around....

0F95E168-113A-45A5-9900-A3B663069678.jpeg

I didn't even notice till now....the scope on the 94 is like half windage and half elevation...that'll be fun to dial in........lol....probably what feddoc was talking about....

The dude liked putting the V on the target....lol

Last edited:
Feddoc, that is called gunsmithing by Bubba. Bubba has screwed over many fine guns in the years gone by.

RELH

Ive got an old Winchester model 55. Probably would been worth a little money had some jerk off not welded a mount for the sling to the barrel......:mad:

I bet more meat has been put in the freezer with the "get r done" mods, than all the $4000 curb feeler rifles put together.

Lhedrick1, that is welded to the forearm cap and the forearm cap can be replaced. Numrich arms should have a used replacement for that rifle and manufacture date. They have a web site.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom