Crap! I sprained both ankles hiking last night.

BeanMan

Long Time Member
Darn it, I sprained both ankles on a hike last night. This is going to screw up early September activities.
IMG_7978.jpeg

Wasn’t one enough? 🤬 You just had to keep pushing and pushing?

How in the world do you sprain both ankles on one hike, HasBean?

You forgot your HasBean!

I was walking down a steep sandstone sidehill that I’ve hiked a bunch of times. Usually I wear my higher top hiking boots but I had tennis shoes this time. I broke traction and had to take a couple of big steps and rolled the right ankle which put all my weight on the left ankle which also rolled. Then I tumbled about ten feet. The worst part was the 1.5 mile walk back to the trailhead on uneven terrain.

I was walking down a steep sandstone sidehill that I’ve hiked a bunch of times. Usually I wear my higher top hiking boots but I had tennis shoes this time. I broke traction and had to take a couple of big steps and rolled the right ankle which put all my weight on the left ankle which also rolled. Then I tumbled about ten feet. The worst part was the 1.5 mile walk back to the trailhead on uneven terrain.
It looks like a typical inversion ankle sprain. If you do choose to wear a brace, make sure it is designed for such a sprain and NOT for an eversion ankle sprain.

I know it's old school.

But back when I played ball with my crooked ankle it rolled all the time.

5 gal bucket, half water, half ice. Keep it there until hyperthermia sets in(old school coach).

But generally after couple day the swelling was gone. Then tape it up.

Sucks man, good luck

Dang Fred that is tuff. One is bad enough, but both is down right ugly and especially at this time of the year. Hope they heal quickly

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom