Craigs List ATV's

Triple_BB

Very Active Member
I've been perusing Craigs List in Colorado, Mont and a few other places for a couple weeks looking for a good deal on an atv. The other day I looked at Salt Lake City and see a number of exceptional deals. They had some atv's selling well below book. I inquired on several of them and only get one guy to reply. He's trying to tell me he'll ship. I sez no, I'll bring cash and pick it up. He refuses so I'm thinking scam and broke off correspondence. Since we've got a bunch of folks from that area on here, are you hearing about a lot of scams in the SLC area on atv's. Best I can tell, atv's are one of the few items that are recession proof. Everyone seems to think their's is cherry and worth more than book if you know what I mean...

As You know I'n not much help on ATV's unless they need Tuned!:D

If you go to KSL.com & watch you'll see some great buys on Brand New & used machines!

Some of the New machines are a year or two old but brand new out of the box!

I've seen some awesome deals if you can live with buying a 2009 in 2010?

I see some nice buys on used machines also!

Problem is,on the killer deals you gotta be quick & I'm too far away from SLC to be quick,once in a while you'll find a seller that will hold it for you!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-10 AT 10:18PM (MST)[p]same thing here on craigs list....central ca......all scams
here's one..... http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/for/2040483538.html
JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Craigs list is well known for outright scams. You send money to P.O. box, they no send merchandise. Also watch out for stolen property. do only face to face buys and make sure paper work is in order.

RELH

Hey CUPSY?

That one is close enough you could go test drive it or give the owner/Thief a TUNE-UP!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

My ATV's were built by Meindl and only cost $260 for a pair. You could probably upgrade and get a couple ski poles and a pack frame to go with them for another $100.

I knew of a kid IN COLLEGE who got duped into buying a Volkswagen Jetta through craigslist. The clown sent the money sight unseen with the ole "car will be shipped" routine. Unbelievable. I thought only senior citizens were having problems with the craigslist concept. Look the man in the eyes or you will get burned.

I have a few items listed on KSL and I keep getting these stupid emails from someone saying they want ot buy it and to delete my ad off KSL. It's pretty funny because they seem like 1st graders trying to type they say things like "please remove advert from listing." They always say they want me to ship my item and they need my address and phone # to send me a check. So be careful and I would say if you are really considering buying one from here see if someone from MM will go check it out for you. I would be willing to go check on one for you if I don't have previous plans.

>yeah....you're our hero 4000fps....
>
Don't be scared of the weight-room...it works wonders.

I've bought and sold ATVs and motorcycles on craigslist.

Know what you are looking for and keep looking and eventually you can find some decent deals.

Always deal in person. Hard to imagine anymore that someone could get scammed on the "I'll ship it to you later" scam...

One thing I've used before is www.craigslook.com It will search all of the craigslists to find a specific item.

I just bought a 4wheeler from an ad on KSL, pretty good deal. I had to weed through a scam or two before I found a legit one though. Dont mail anything, insist on talking to them on the phone at a minimum, and if they use a third party for the transaction like ebay you should be able to see the messages from your ebay account.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-22-10 AT 07:15PM (MST)[p]What's that old saying, something like, "if it sounds too good to be true...........it usually is".

There's a good buy that comes around once in a while. Those deals go quicker than than a blink cause you ain't the only poor boy looking. My advise. Step carefully though the sheep shed.

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom