coyotes with non res license.

S

stumpjumper

I have a non res. license and a LE elk tag. and Gen. muzzy buck tag. Can I shoot a coyote with this license? Can't find it on the website. Could have popped a pup yote the other day but wasn't sure.

Your non res. license includes small game. As far as the coyotes are concerned, I understand that they are unprotected in the State of Utah. If someone knows better please tell, but unprotected means you can kill all you want and no license is needed. In fact there is a State wide bounty on them (they will pay you if you turn them in).

I think if you register on the DWR website, you can turn in the coyotes for $50.

They are unprotected, shoot as many as you can! however you do need a license to hunt anything in Utah. Protected our unprotected. If you have a deer and elk tag you should have a valid license so in that case you are legal..

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

from the various UT regs:

"Coyote hunting: Coyotes are not protected in
Utah. They may be hunted without a license, year
round."

"You do not need a license to hunt or harvest
coyote, red fox or striped skunk."

"Jackrabbits and coyotes: Jackrabbits and
coyotes are not protected in Utah. You do not need
a license to hunt them, and you can hunt them
throughout the year. For details on a new program
that compensates the public for coyote removal,
visit wildlife.utah.gov/predators."

Unless you're a fellon you can pack a gun. What are you getting at Justr, where are you getting your info????

You can pack a gun anytime without a license, Jackrabbits and Coyotes are not protected and can be hunted anytime without any type of license.

>Try packing a gun without a
>license and see how that
>goes for you....
>
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Hate to say it, but you're completly wrong.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Was pretty sure I could, just wanted to make sure. Here em every morn and eve since the hunt started. Next curios fawn eater will taste lead.

No license needed for coyotes! In fact, once you have a tag, you don't even need a license to what your tag is valid for, ie elk or deer.

No lic. needed in Utah to hunt coyotes. If you want to get in on the bounty program you have to have bought a Utah hunting lic. some time in your life, but you do not need a current lic.

Its my understanding that during a big game hunt the area is considered a sort of "refuge" and only licensed hunters can carry a gun. I would imagine this is to prevent party hunting and poaching. that is why you can hunt small game with a shotgun with shot #4 or less while in a camp of , say Elk hunters, but you cant hunt rabbits with a 30 30 if you only have a small game license. As for Coyotes,If you have the license to hunt the big game then by all means (and PLEASE) pop the yote. I'm no expert but thats the way I read it. Good luck with your hunts and post pics =)

I can't remember exactly what the legal wording was... We were coyote hunting in December, officer asked to see our licenses. I showed him mine, and said we are just hunting coyotes. He said you need a hunting license to hunt anything in Utah. Unprotected means no bag limit, them wrote him a ticket.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-12 AT 03:44PM (MST)[p]>I can't remember exactly what the
>legal wording was... We were
>coyote hunting in December, officer
>asked to see our licenses.
>I showed him mine, and
>said we are just hunting
>coyotes. He said you need
>a hunting license to hunt
>anything in Utah. Unprotected means
>no bag limit, them wrote
>him a ticket.
>
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I don't know how long ago your friend got his ticket, but as of right now you do not need a lic. in Utah to hunt coyote.

As far as I know it has always been that way.

This is from the rule book, and there is no qualifications attached. It is very clear.

"Coyote hunting: Coyotes are not protected in "
Utah. They may be hunted without a license, year
round.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2011_pdfs/2011-12_furbearer.pdf

You "DO" have to have a Hunter ID# to the collect a state funded bounty, but not a current lic..

Everybody should carry a coyote gun with them at all times, and
get registered to collect the $50.00 bounty.

Here is a quote from the registration site.

"The DWR expects to have enough funding to provide reimbursement for all coyotes."

http://wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/huntin...ons-about-utahs-predator-control-program.html

justr_86
was your buddy being a dic?
I asked a warden two years ago just about that because
of scouting the area before I got the tag in mail and saw lots of yotes and he said
yes year round no lic but if I was in a deer wintering area
with glass and a gun he would run me out if he seen me..give
the poaching speech! but that ok with me!

No, we were nice and complied with every request. He didn't fight it, just paid the ticket and bought a license.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom