Coyotes Alive and Well

cannonball

Very Active Member
Was on Parker Mountain yesterday and was excited to see some deer a distance off, but putting my binoculars up I realized they were coyotes. I was hoping with the speed goats down in number that the deer herd would come back, so any of you who wants a coyote, go to Parker.

Oh how I was wishing I would have had my rifle. We need the coyotes dead.

I never thought I would be responding to my own blog. Sometimes I go all year without seeing a coyote and now after seeing several on Parker Mt, one crossed the road on our way fishing by Lost Creek today. That would have been a few bucks in my pocket had I only had my gun ready. Where are all of these "yotes" coming from?

The place I hunt in Southern Utah use to have allot of coyotes but someone is taking care of them. The last two years I have seen none and heard none. Someone is collecting there $50. Thanks goodness. Deer numbers are still low though.

In southern utah all around our ranch the coyote numbers have definitely seemed to decerase. i usually have 4-5 killed by this time of year just while out checking cows. But i have hardly seen any. Heard tthere was a couple guys to south killing quite a few in our area. I have seen a few here and there but id say just from normal years ive seen 1/3 the amount as normal. During the spring we had a few calves die and not one coyote had eaten t he remains.It was odd. I think between the whole fam we seen 2 coyotes all spring during calving season. so I guess if we start seeing deer numbers on the sw desert start to increase in the next few years we know the coyote program is helping.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom