coyote slaughter

T

TheElitehornhunter

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-11 AT 03:11PM (MST)[p]So today I got up at 4:00am to head to my secret little honey hole for coyotes. I got there right at daybreak, and I let out a few locating calls, and right off the bat I had two coyotes answer me off in the distance. I packed my gear and headed off their direction, and I got out my old Johnny Stewart, and I played my fawn in distress tape. It was playing for about 15 minutes and then all of the sudden I spotted two coyotes coming single file on a dead run towards me so I got my gun ready and I waited for them to get a little closer. The first coyote seemed more interested than the second coyote so I shot (BAM) the second coyote first, The coyote did a 180 and fell in his tracks. I then let out a wounded coyote in distress call and the other coyote stopped at 275 yds so I shot and he ran about 30 yds and piled up. I quickly gathered up the two young males and headed back to the truck.

The morning was still young so I drove up the road about 1/2 mile and two dead deer lay next to the road. There were coyote tracks all around them. I then spotted a coyote running up the hill. I must have spooked him when I was driving up the road. The coyote was 550 yds so I took aim and (Bam). I heard the bullet hit and I looked and saw blood in the snow where he was standing so I went up there and found him dead under a bush. Once again, I quickly headed down to the truck and drove up the road about 1/2 mile.

I decided to set up under a cedar overlooking a small valley. I played my tape "rodent in distress" and in 5 minutes out pops a red fox. I waited until he was 100 yds and I popped him. I kept calling from the same spot and 30 minutes later here comes three coyotes. There were about 600 yds when I first spot them. They kept coming and I lowered the volume on my caller a little. They got within 100 yds. I shot the farthest one first and then shot the second one in the butt as he was running away. The third one wouldn't stop, but I fired anyways and I barely missed.

5 Coyotes and 1 beautiful Red Fox made a good day of hunting.

BTW pictures are coming soon.

Danm nice shooting
4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom