coyote hunters??

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
I did put this in the general hunting forum because I feel it more related to deer numbers and helping the deer numbers out.

How many of you coyote hunters went out this fall/winter and tried to put a few coyotes on the ground to help the deer out?

I went out a couple of times in the afternoon with a gun and didnt see anything to shoot at. However almost every time I went out without a gun I saw at least one.

I am going to pack one every time I go out this spring and shoot the crap out of them. I think if you want to make a dent in the yote population this is the time of year to do it.

I think most people wont even give it a go during the spring because of one reason or another. For me its better I dont have to pack, clean, or skin those stinking dogs and I feel if I shoot them during that time of year I could possible kill the pups without having to find them.

So whats your thoughts Do you kill them in the spring and summer?
Is it ethical to shoot them that time of the year?

It is ALWAYS ethical to kill a Yote

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Hell yes! Shoot em the spring, you'll likely call in some pups that haven't been called before, makes it easier to put em the dirt!

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have
some good ideas!

Called one in yesterday morning...He came in from behind me and too close. I never got a shot off.

Traditional >>>------->

I killed 10 last year. That was a record for me. I am new to calling and I had a blast. Ron

10-28-10coyote.jpg

9-11-10coyote15.jpg

We always kill 3 or 4 every spring while turkey hunting...My thoughts are kill them when you have the chance...The next three months is very critical for fawn survival...Let's give them all the help we can...
Later, L.T.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-11 AT 05:05PM (MST)[p] I HOG HUNT 10 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR....HUNT BASICALLY ONCE A WEEK, KILL AT LEAST 20 DOGS A YEAR.....A BUNCH OF HOGS.....SPRING IS THE BEST FOR ME....YD.

"Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall,
all you gotta do is call"....he, he....

My all time favorite thing to shoot...terrorists excepted. My theory is that crows, ravens and buzzards gotta eat too!

I'm at 26 for the calendar year, as of this AM.

We put approximately 1,300 calves on the ground, in the past 45 days. Add in about 14,000lbs of afterbirth! That's a LOT of coyote bait.

Around this house, I shoot them to kill them, so I don't have the pelt issue. Neither my 220 Swift or the .243 with Hornady 48 gr bullets, leave enough pelt for a fur lined codsack.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

I have killed 13 since October. There is never a bad time to kill a yote. I don't mess with the pelts either...just let the ol .22-250 fly and do it's damage.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

I have killed about 30 this year. 12 of those in 1 1/2 days. it is already too hot here and the snakes are starting to move. Those were all killed in contests. I try not to shoot any of my dogs out of contests unless they have the mange. This weekend alot of my dog country has gone up in flames. The fire in Knox, king and stonewall counties here in Texas has been burning up all my territory. Of the 70,000 acres up in flames so far with zero containment I have permission on about 25,000 of it:( ......or did lol

Send the ones with mange up to Idaho. The wolves could use a haircut. If you got any parvo pups in the area we will take them too. Parvo, the gift that keeps on giving in wolf country. Ron

LAST EDITED ON Apr-10-11 AT 06:29PM (MST)[p]That was the anual coyote hunt contest out of Adin Ca (extreme north eastern corner)

53 coyotes in 1 1/2 days.

The roll in the dog's mouth has a number on it identifying which team shot which dog.
If the weather had been cooler the hunting would have been much better.

>Harry,
>
>What's the rolled up paper in
>their mouths?
>
>I only got 3 this year.
>

They are PVC pipes zip tied in their mouth. They were killed in a Coyote contest in Nor Cal.The reason for the pipe is to write the time of the kill and date, Rigor Mortis helps to ensure no cheating because coyotes mouths will shut down super tight. That is a sweet pic again HH.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom