Coyote help

Deerlove

Long Time Member
I've been trying to kill some yotes near my house with no luck. I found a stripped doe this morning. I need some advice on traps etc, something that will not get the neighbors dogs. Thanks, Russ

If it'll get a coyote, it'll get a dog, as well as cats, foxes, raccoon, skunk, etc... You might use a foothold with a stiffer pan tension to avoid some of the lighter animals; and a snare set to the height for coyote will miss animals that are shorter, but I don't know of a dog proof coyote set. They are, after all, dogs...

If you want the pelts, a small caliber pistol or rifle. Or "Hey batta, batta, swing!"

smiley-violent064.gif

If you are within city limits tie an arrow to the end of a shovel or rake for reach and just run him through. Make sure that it is really secure. If you plan on keeping the hide don't penetrate the other side. He will bleed out of just the entry and the blood pooling inside of his chest cavity should kill him quick and humane.

1. Just shoot it in the head with a .22
2. PLEASE post pics of a yote dumb enough to go into a live trap.

booner.

If your nervous about a roaming neighbors dog, could it be your neighbors dog that perhaps partook in the doe killing?

There is no contraption that will catch a coyote and not a dog. A well placed neck snare and a polite "keep your dogs home" conversation with your neighbor would take care of the problem.

Last year one of my neighbors called the government trapper to come out and catch the "Mountain Lion" that was killing the deer around here.
Upon inspection the trapper politely looked the lady in the eye and said "Ma'am, the "Mountain Lion" is your Rottweiler.

True.

OK......This is my favorite.

We made a sawhorse about 4 ft high with a plywood table on top about 18in wide. Shoot a jackrabbit and staple it to the underside of the table, and then open it up till the gust hang out.

Back off to some cover about 250 yds away, and get on the Foxpro coyote call.

You cannot know how cool it is to shoot coyotes while they are standing on the table trying to get the rabbit.

Best thing, dead yotes all around the thing and it will still work all day!

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

tell the neighbors to put their pets inside for about an hour and a half...then the hunt is on.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom