Cowley Wyoming

B

Buckrvr1

Looking at a teaching job in Cowley. My wife is a nurse so If I would to teach in Cowley I figure we could live in Powell so I could drive 20 miles to teach and wife could be RN in Powell or Cody. Would that area be good for wanting to hunt all the time or at least being a weekend warrior?

Im from the local area. Shoot me a pm with any questions. The hunting is great . So shoot me questions about any subject

To the OP---Where do you live at the present time? All I can say is go and try to get the wife a job as close to home as possible so she won't be killing more game on the highways than you do on your hunts, LOL!

Powell's alright. Cody has more to offer. The wind doesn't blow there like it does in Cody. Had a friend who lived in Cowley or Dever, can't remember which. Heavy mormon population in that area. He wasn't a mormon and they treated him like a complete nobody. He got fed up with it and moved to Powell. No shortage of hunting opportunities up there. I lived in Cody for several years. Just about the time I got things figured out, I moved. Still try to hunt the Thorofare from time to time...

I don't know if you have kids, but after where I'm at now, I'd choose Powell next as the best place to raise a family. It is a great community with good down to earth people. Even though they are our number one nemesis for high school sports, I have to respect both the enthusiasm and sportsmanship of the community members that make up their fans. Great hunting and fishing in that area.

mmwb

Are you Cody or lovell PUKE!!!! Just kidding. I assume your one of them. But I am from powell

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-14 AT 10:13PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-14 AT 10:12?PM (MST)

Star Valley, nfh! Love playing those tough Powell kids and the fans are just down home sorts of people. Jackson is the long term rival, but Powell is the real competition.

I was way off. Powell has been having a few good years. But sooner or later someone else will rise

Things wax and wane. Powell has the best wrestling team in the state this year. Even better than Gillette, but word has that there aren't as many younger kids into it in that neck of the woods. They will probably remain strong in football for a while.

They wouldn't beat Gillette at state and no one probably will as long as the idiots in WHSAA allows teams to field two wrestlers at each weight class. Its even more unfair given some 4A teams can barely fill each weight class with one person...

I like that they allow two qualifiers at each weight class at state as it gives more kids the experience. Only one gains points for the team. The strength is with those teams who's JV kids are good enough to beat out other varsity kids. They become spoilers. Pros and cons each way I suppose.

LAST EDITED ON May-17-14 AT 10:12PM (MST)[p]Hey Buckrvr1 are you ready to move out? Just a couple of weeks Right?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom