Cow elk unit 61-7

DESKPOP

Very Active Member
Anyone hunt cow elk in this area north of Rawhide creek? Restrictions on the area you can hunt probably make it undesirable but the success rate is good. Thinking of picking of a cow elk tag so i'm not making the trek to Wyoming just for lope. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have a map in front of me but I beleive there is a large chuck of private in that area, maybe not though, check out the map. Should be quite a few elk. the elk come down that area as they move towards the greybull river and I see them quite often right at the highway. Another option is 63-6, its a long season and the are several elk on the absoroka front hunter managment area.

There is a large chunk of private in the unit but the 7 tag requires you to be north of Rawhide Creek drainage anyway and the private is southeast of there. I like that area suggested any idea why the success rate is low?

my gut says becuase you can't always kill them from the road. Most won't put in the extra effort for a cow. I would say the earlier the better in the season for cows as the later it gets I think a lot of the elk head to 64.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom